Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down
I posted in the last thread about transcription. I can never seem to find a freelance gig that pays an anywhere livable wage (Not in USA). Everything I've applied for has been around the $0.50/min mark, and with my experience I'm looking for about $0.75/min.

I wanted to start a little local side business but every time I make a little headway I start getting super busy.

I have a domain and some copy written up, though I might actually pay a writer to redo the copy.

My goal is to mostly do medical transcription. I really enjoy doing it. I've mentioned to everyone at the office that if they know any other offices that need help that I would be willing to do something else part time. Though I think everyone is terrified I will end up leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

For a very long time I did transcripts with keyboard shortcuts. Once I got a pedal for school I never looked back. If I'm typing up something short I'll use keyboard shortcuts but anything over 5 minutes I'll haul out the peddle.

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

From my somewhat limited Canadian experience, its super hard to find freelance gigs, most doctors who outsource their dictations go for actual companies, and those companies have some pretty rigorous standards to meet, including a lot of experience. The hospitals usually outsource to companies, too.