Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Hi all, I just found this ad on Craigslist for freelance research. I replied to it with a short email that basically said, "I just graduated from a masters program. I'm interested in telecommuting. Please tell me more about your company. Let me know if you'd like to see a resume." They responded by telling me I'd already been selected and it provide them with some personal details.

Is this just a scam of some kind? I don't trust craigslist as far as I can throw it. Here is the original ad and the email reply:

craigslist creeper posted:

Dear Applicant,

You have been selected for an assignment as a Freelance Researcher.You will earn $500 per assingment being a Freelance Researcher.

Your employment packet will include funds and instructions for every assignment. It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been cleared to be one of our agents. The Freelance Researcher Evaluation Team invites you to run a survey on one prominent company in your area.

Full Job Description will be sent to you prior to your assignment.

Your activities as a secret Researcher should be kep "confidential”, no third party should be involved. Payment would be in a certain amount which you would be required to cash at your Bank, deduct your salary, and have the rest used for the evaluation at the store that would be given to you for assignment. Please re-confirm your details

Full Name :
Address (Not.P.O.Box):
City :
State :
Post code :
Cell Phone :
Alternative email address (if any) :

As a detective Researcher you will work & have fun at the same time.Researching for pleasure, and you only need to work 2-3hours twice in a week.

Please note that is a part time job so we are waiting your good response. Note: Candidates from EUROPE are not allowed to apply for this Offer.

Thank you!

Regards

Alex Orrow

The Freelance Researchers
Copyright©2012 © Freelance Researchers. All rights reserved.

Note, I can't find "The Freelance Researchers" with "Alex Orrow" anywhere online, but maybe that just means I'm not a very good researcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU