Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I signed up for Outlier on Tuesday, got the email today that I was invited to their onboarding process for Generalist Tier 3 that pays $35/hr. It said it would take 4 hours, but it was maybe closer to 2 1/2.

Lots of training, but the 4 test assessments were harder than I thought they would be. Some were very subjective, and one of them I got a poor score on. So I will wait and see I guess.

It seems very promising if I am accepted and it's hourly and not per task. Because some required a lot of thinking and others did not, and I can get why they don't want people to rush through tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So Outlier said I didn't pass the generalist assessment (just a few points short) and gave me feedback (which i can't view yet) to take the 2nd assessment.

They did get back to me on Saturday morning, so a two day turn around for the generalist grading.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This poo poo is tough. The AI responses can be very similar and the response is so subjective. We will see... I think the key was just having a very strong opinion that was 4 sentences that cites 1 or 2 examples to back it up. That's totally not enough words to justify a response, but I get it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Outlier is confusing me as to what I am accepted to.

I took the Generalist Tier 3 test, passed the second assessment and got in. I got accepted to a new project that pays more that has nothing to do with the training I did. Not sure how I feel about this, since it's heavy writing focused and that sort of burns me out. But it pays hourly and not per task, so it's kind of nice that I can just take my time with it instead of rushing through.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fireside Nut posted:

Was there a way to pause or come back to the assessments if you can't finish them all in one go? DA and Remotasks didn't seem to have this option and, frankly, I generally don't have 3-4 hrs to fully dedicate at one time.

Nope.

I am currently on a task that has a 2 hour timer and roughly takes me 60-75 minutes to complete. And it only pays you for time that the window is in focus.

These Tier 3 writing tasks are tough. The pay is nice at $40/hr for what I am working on, but I definitely need to carve out a solid 90 minutes worth of time to get paid $60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How can I get the easy stuff on Outlier that pays less money but takes less time? I was accepted as a Tier 3 generalist at $40/hr, but it's a bit much.

I feel like all the stuff I do in the training is simply and easy. Then you get to the task and it's like... a 2 hour task that. you have 6 hours to complete. I am trying to do this around work, I don't ever know if I have a solid 2 hours in a day to complete a task.