Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
No iphone means I'm NRT in LF for awhile until it gets fixed. Sent email to LF explaining the situation so hopefully it'll work out. I won't get my phone back until sometime next week at the earliest. Kinda bummed with no work, as iphone SxSes are the only tasks I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

dbadeb posted:

Why do you only get iPhone SxS? Just curious...

LF did a survey awhile back, asking users about what mobile phones they have, for future mobile-based projects. I have an iphone, so I told them that. I was looking forward to whatever mobile tasks they would have, but so far the only ones I've seen were iPhone SxSes in EWOQ2. A little disappointing, and they don't seem to work half the time. Also, there seems to be issues with toolbar/invoice tracking for these projects. I'd shrug 'em off and do other tasks, but for the longest time, those were the ONLY tasks that showed up for me. When they were working I'd spend 5 hours a day on 'em.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I think at this point you're gonna find 99 scams for every 1 honest to goodness job posting on Craigslist.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

kazmeyer posted:

If you're looking for general unskilled, sure. There's plenty of legit work on Craigslist if you have a specific skillset, though, and it's where I've gotten all my current transcription gigs. But yeah, you're going to be in trouble if you can't recognize an advance-fee scam right out of the gate like that.

Of course, it might be by location. I live in Central Florida, and am looking for a full time job. Most of the postings here don't deviate all that much from the one in truavatar's post, so I'm using other resources. craigslist, at least for here, is gonna be an option once I get extremely desperate :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I think I've officially permanently switched over to EWOQ2 in Leapforce. Some of the other guys in LF chat say they can get reviews and URLs from time to time, but I don't seem to get out of E2. It's been about 10 days, when I've had tasks, that I've been in E2.

My contract expires this month, and I'm not sure if I'll be renewed. The supplemental income was nice though.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 6, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I haven't seen a URL task in three weeks, and it's the third URL drought I've had so far this year.

I just miss the task variety. All it seems like now for me is SxS and these dwarf tasks with the occasional staleness or list thrown in. Though to be honest I get a bit antsy if I see review tasks all the time too :shobon:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Well, I got a bit of a punch to the gut last night.

I'm planning on a move to the NY/NJ area, and apparently Leapforce is no longer supporting NJ raters. I'm likely safe if I end up in New York City(if I can land a job in the city I'll move there), but not if I end up in Jersey, with a possible job lined up near the Shore. I liked this gig too, coming up on four years doing it and reached preferred agent status too :smith:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

AuntBuck posted:

I'm kind of in awe you've been doing it this long. I think I lasted nine months.

I just considered it a good way to earn a little extra dough. Only really did it 10 hours a week while I concentrated on my full time job. Job searching 1000 miles away is a pain. I wouldn't have minded stretching this out for 40 hours a week once I got up there as a preferred rarer until a full time gig came along.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Are there state restrictions for zerochaos, or can anyone anywhere work? I tried transcription(on mTurk lol), and just couldn't hack it.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 2, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I still am jealous of those of you that can do transcription and stay sane!

I'm needing a new side gig since LF moved to RaterLabs and they're not hiring in New Jersey right now(likely ever). Lionbridge and Appen don't seem to be in much of a rush to talk to me about their open rater positions.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

The trick to transcription is to come into it already insane.

E: The best part about doing this garbage poo poo for DT is I haven't been signed onto their schedule for a couple weeks, they specifically asked me if I'd make time for this crap and like a dumb idiot I said yes. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on checks from them that haven't shown up and devoting a day to work that I could just refuse.

I really need to try my hand at Textbroker one of these days.

Unfortunately I can't pick up multiple voices in a conversation that well, or voices with significant background noise. I think I mentioned it earlier that I had issues left and right with doing that sort of thing in mTurk, and mTurk's pay rate is definitely not worth the effort.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Since I'm no longer with Leapforce/RaterLabs due to location, and Lionbridge yanked my application at the 'you're ready to take the exam!' stage at the last minute, are there any other companies that offer a decent amount of work for search engine evaluators? I tried Appen, but apparently they are extremely slow to respond.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Appen's acquiring Leapforce. Oof, that could get ugly.

With UHRS circling the drain, it looks like evaluation work like Appen, Lionbridge and UHRS may not be feasible for awhile.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 3, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

One of these days I'd like to actually sit and figure out mTurk. There's supposed to be ways you can make some fairly decent money doing it, but all I've seen is surveys and batch work like UHRS that is a lot more involved and pays about the same rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

klapman posted:

Mturk has been absolutely worthless for the last month. 2$ an hour at best some days. I only do surveys, so I'm hoping that now that school's starting up again more stuff will come up...

Probably still better than UHRS. I would under no circumstances recommend UHRS, whether it’s through clickworker or iSoftStone.