Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I have serious downtime at work during the Summer, about 4 hours a day if you slap them all together, so I decided to look into penny work like mechanical turk on Amazon that I could do maybe 20 minutes worth a day, maybe make 10 dollars a month and buy an extra case of beer or something.

So to experiment and to get used to the system yesterday while I was in the office checking on something else I did 20 "HITs" mostly involving tagging whether there are men or women in an image, adding tags to images, stuff like that.

Problem is, there's no guarantee the person posting the HITs will actually "accept" your work, and they don't have to pay out immediately. It seems if you're asking people to work on piddly downtime junk for 2 cents, you shouldn't have an "approval" process.

So I checked into the account today and I have now officially earned a single penny.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. This poo poo's for the suckerest of suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU