Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So I finished Veritas...

But I'm pretty sure the author didn't...

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Reading through Noblesse right now. Why is it so slooooow. It makes it look like Bleach was rushing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

It speeds up nicely.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Dark Mage 21 is out.

And I'll update the OP with the other suggestions later today.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I just finished My Heart is Beating, and oh god all these tears

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Tsampikos posted:

This right here is really good.
Holy poo poo, this is so good. Last night, I basically ignored sleep to blaze through the chapters. It is so goddamn good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://read.egscans.com/Noblesse_100-/Chapter_232

Well, that was a good punch line. I forgot about contracts, considering they have only been brought up a few times but never shown or elaborated on.

MayLanh
Apr 16, 2012

by angerbot
Noblesse chapter 232
LOL... The author seems to indulge my whim... Franky being the devil... While Rai is the source of all Noble's power...

The very basic that Rai and Franky exist for each other

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, that was a good punch line. I forgot about contracts, considering they have only been brought up a few times but never shown or elaborated on.

Where are contracts mentioned in the first place? I must have glossed over that. Clearly Rai has a contract with Frankenstein (or so it seems to me anyway) but do we know any of the details about what this means?

MayLanh posted:

Noblesse chapter 232
LOL... The author seems to indulge my whim... Franky being the devil... While Rai is the source of all Noble's power...

The very basic that Rai and Franky exist for each other

Wait, where has it ever been said/implied that Rai is the source of all the Nobles' power?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lyon posted:

Where are contracts mentioned in the first place? I must have glossed over that. Clearly Rai has a contract with Frankenstein (or so it seems to me anyway) but do we know any of the details about what this means?

Wait, where has it ever been said/implied that Rai is the source of all the Nobles' power?

M-21 mentioned it after Rai enabled him to go full werewolf. I think it might have come up in passing a couple other times, but I can't think of any specific examples.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

http://read.egscans.com/Noblesse_100-/Chapter_232

"Opps, Sorry."

The fights in Noblesse aren't fast, really, but I appreciate the.. directness they have :)

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Tower of God (Batoto, since the Batoto link on the scanlator's page is wrong) and Girls of the Wilds updated. Both are pretty okay.

ToG: Viole's near-immunity levels of magic resistance continue to be amusing. I'm a little tired of Prisoner's Dilemma variants after all the ones I've seen in fiction, but I'm sure I'll like it more when I see more of the game in action.

GotW: The end-of-chapter revelation is underwhelming. Jae Gu already came to that conclusion himself on-camera, as it were. It's only been like five chapters. In that time, he already decided to fight and stormed into a school to beat someone senseless for hurting his siblings. His reaction to that should be "okay, I'll do that."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Einander posted:

GotW: The end-of-chapter revelation is underwhelming. Jae Gu already came to that conclusion himself on-camera, as it were. It's only been like five chapters. In that time, he already decided to fight and stormed into a school to beat someone senseless for hurting his siblings. His reaction to that should be "okay, I'll do that."
Honestly, I was successfully convinced it was an unfortunate accident and the situation was now tragedy instead of villainy, so I was surprised.

I guess from now on I'll trust that that people with red hair are the devil incarnate.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 18, 2012

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
The Breaker New Waves: 68

The elder of the Sunwoo clan continues to be utterly 100% awesome since he has come around. I hope that Shioon either avoids this guy with some bad rear end 9-arts dragon foot techniques or even possibly gets a shot in on him.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It's been too long since we got a Breaker chapter this good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm kind of hoping he just takes the hit and everyone freaks out and he stands up as usual

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gently caress, Dark Mage is incomplete?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Lyon posted:

The Breaker New Waves: 68

The elder of the Sunwoo clan continues to be utterly 100% awesome since he has come around. I hope that Shioon either avoids this guy with some bad rear end 9-arts dragon foot techniques or even possibly gets a shot in on him.

I hope they interrupted him in the middle of self-training so he is full of Wonderdrug™. It's been far too long since he hosed somebody up in public.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Newest Breaker

I really doubt Shi-oon would be able to do anything to this guy in a fight. In the spirit training that prodigy was destroying him with a glance and even he's intimidated by the new guy.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Girls of the Wilds 036

A pretty amusing chapter overall but holy poo poo Song's face on the last page

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Tornhelm posted:

Girls of the Wilds 036

A pretty amusing chapter overall but holy poo poo Song's face on the last page

The fan-service in this one actually made me laugh. Song's face at the end was terrifying

This comic is so derivative but somehow so entertaining, I don't entirely understand how. Also not everyone with red hair is evil- boxer girl isn't.

Antinumeric fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 23, 2012

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Antinumeric posted:

Also not everyone with red hair is evil- boxer girl isn't.
Says you. Personally, I can't see how you can say that this isn't the face of pure unadulterated evil.

On another note, anyone know of other manga/manwha that are like GotW?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Tornhelm posted:

Says you. Personally, I can't see how you can say that this isn't the face of pure unadulterated evil.

On another note, anyone know of other manga/manwha that are like GotW?

Well, if you want a korean bullied guy learning to fight from a girl, there's this.

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.

gently caress, Dark Mage is incomplete?
The publisher apparently went under in 2008, so the manhwa was discontinued. The novels it is based on are still ongoing; there are around 26 and the manhwa covers only maybe 2.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tiramisu posted:

Newest Breaker

I really doubt Shi-oon would be able to do anything to this guy in a fight. In the spirit training that prodigy was destroying him with a glance and even he's intimidated by the new guy.

Oh definitely but if he has been working on his foot techniques he really only has to dodge him for a split second before the Elder stomps him. There's also the other retainer standing near him who is pretty bad rear end. Of course this probably means he won't avoid him because if he does I don't see how these guys make it out alive.

I really just want Shioon to be fully recovered, trained by the Sunwoo/Nine Arts Dragon's videos, and said Nine Arts Dragon to show back up already.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

New Gekuji High! Read this!!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Man, it's going to be a long wait until the next chapter is done.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Deki posted:

Man, it's going to be a long wait until the next chapter is done.

Here's the link to Egscans.

And, Oh My God. Why is this not the absolute number 1 priority for translation right now?

Buddha Nipple vibration rockets.

I can't wait for the next chapter already!

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

This is the best thing ever. :allears:
From the absurd take at the "I'm beautiful all along" cliche to the BUDDHA NIPPLES it's just golden.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:v:

I must have more of this, and someone needs to take up dark mage again.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

New Noblesse

I think that has to be some sort of record for worst plan ever.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bremen posted:

New Noblesse

I think that has to be some sort of record for worst plan ever.

He's not much of a fighter, tactics wise. "I just have to stay away from him"! :downs:

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
drat Noblesse for ending on a hilarious yet terribly cliched cliffhanger! Noblesse taken hostage! :gasp:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Frankenstein's plan to keep Rai from getting involved failed because he couldn't imagine anyone having that much power but being so incredibly stupid.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Girls of the Wilds 37

I can't wait until the tournament actually starts. Song's actually pretty crazy if he puts his mind to it.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Slowly reading through Breaker: New Wave, and it is quite good.

Anyone notices Id seem to be dragging along quite slowly lately?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Noblesse 234 is out.

that went about as well as expected

CVE fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 1, 2012

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

wfwon posted:

Anyone notices Id seem to be dragging along quite slowly lately?
No, partly since I just marathoned it, but it's also in the midst of yet another biggest fight yet. Even better, someone besides Id has to fight.

The art in Id has gotten a lot better for the last 40 chapters or so. In the beginning I could never tell what the hell was going on in any action scene. It might be easier to discern on a hardcopy than on a computer screen though.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

CVE posted:

Noblesse 234 is out.

that went about as well as expected

Yep!

Not a lot happened this chapter, but the reactions were certainly amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Well now this thread has introduced me to a lot of good poo poo. I read through annarasomething and my heart is beating recently and enjoyed both of those. Would definitely recommend these to others. Don't know how I didn't know about Noblesse til now cuz that poo poo is incredible.

Mura posted:

Pretty much all of the manhwa and webtoons that I read have already been posted except for Orange Marmalade.

It's a romance comic featuring a vampire (it's not nearly as bad as you think) where the romance part moves at a snails pace, but has other elements that help tie it all together. Outside of pacing issues, I quite like it. Then again, I'm a sucker for shoujo tropes and all that poo poo, so YMMV.

Ended up reading this and enjoying it too :shobon:. Anyway, the pace is pretty drat slow which is just painful for romancy poo poo. New chapter out today

Everything going on is making it seem like the love interest is about to find out about the vampire thing pretty soon. I'm hoping she'll tell him herself instead of having pretty much no choice in the matter like what happened with the other girl, but it looks like she's starting to get backed into a corner so that might not happen.