Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

cooldude2.0 posted:

No, partly since I just marathoned it, but it's also in the midst of yet another biggest fight yet. Even better, someone besides Id has to fight.

The art in Id has gotten a lot better for the last 40 chapters or so. In the beginning I could never tell what the hell was going on in any action scene. It might be easier to discern on a hardcopy than on a computer screen though.

I do agree with that the art has gotten much better, but I also got a feeling that the art is abit too "clean" especially at the fighting scenes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
My god I love Noblesse.
I don't even remember why I started to read it, but despite the slow start and ...not my normal art style, its one of the few I read EVERY week. I was basically sitting here ignoring the Bulls losing going "yessssssss" this entire chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I can't really say why Noblesse is so good. No one aspect of the art, story or characters stands out.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Serious Frolicking posted:

I can't really say why Noblesse is so good. No one aspect of the art, story or characters stands out.

Its ridiculous over the top humour and stylish silent protagonist?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I love Noblesse because its art style is a good break from all the other manga/manwa I read. And when it's slow, there are at least enough jokes to make up for it.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

wfwon posted:

Anyone notices Id seem to be dragging along quite slowly lately?

It isn't dragging too bad and I have a feeling serious poo poo will be going down 15-20 chapters from now, and in the meantime we just gotta wait out the 3-4 battles until then.

calilco
Mar 27, 2010
Noblesse (how do you pronounce this? No-bless?) never stood out to me until this thread; I never thought I'd read it even though everyone was saying how good it was. But I just read through this entire thing in one sitting and... wow. There were times when I was like "Can we switch focus to this character instead now?" but overall... wow. This is really good.

Also I actually quite like the drawing style. It's very pretty.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

calilco posted:

Noblesse (how do you pronounce this? No-bless?) never stood out to me until this thread; I never thought I'd read it even though everyone was saying how good it was. But I just read through this entire thing in one sitting and... wow. There were times when I was like "Can we switch focus to this character instead now?" but overall... wow. This is really good.

Also I actually quite like the drawing style. It's very pretty.

It's "noh-bles" Dictionary.com has a sound file.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
'mercan influenced zombie webcomic http://www.mangareader.net/wake-up-deadman

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 5, 2012

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

I just love curbstomb battles and ridiculous overpowered characters from the start. Besides the humor is awesome as well.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ChiTownEddie posted:

My god I love Noblesse.
I don't even remember why I started to read it, but despite the slow start and ...not my normal art style, its one of the few I read EVERY week. I was basically sitting here ignoring the Bulls losing going "yessssssss" this entire chapter.

I've always wondered why I found it so enjoyable. It's not remotely groundbreaking, but it just has a weird little charm to it.

I remember laughing like an idiot early in at the overpowered main character missing a fight because he couldn't figure out electronic locks and didn't want to break anything.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Man I don't even know what is going on in God of High School any more. I miss when it was just about how tae kwon do is the best martial art in the world.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Sindai posted:

Man I don't even know what is going on in God of High School any more. I miss when it was just about how tae kwon do is the best martial art in the world.

New chapter, by the way:
http://mangafox.me/manga/the_god_of_high_school/c051/1.html

It seems like most charyeoks have some sort of creature/thing associated with it?. I miss that part too, but if Charyeoks being full on Stands JoJo's Bizarre Adventure style I will stay for the long haul.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

New Noblesse

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

They appear to be full on stand levels of things, which is cool... of course that means they range from that joker, to the dragon there, to a goddamn hammer. :iia:

Lavastine
Jul 16, 2007

cooldude2.0 posted:

No, partly since I just marathoned it, but it's also in the midst of yet another biggest fight yet. Even better, someone besides Id has to fight.

The art in Id has gotten a lot better for the last 40 chapters or so. In the beginning I could never tell what the hell was going on in any action scene. It might be easier to discern on a hardcopy than on a computer screen though.

Did the really poorly translated chapters get retranslated or something? Last time I read it was a couple years ago and it went from being pretty good to completely incomprehensible around chapters 80-90 or so.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Lavastine posted:

Did the really poorly translated chapters get retranslated or something? Last time I read it was a couple years ago and it went from being pretty good to completely incomprehensible around chapters 80-90 or so.

I'm reading ID for the first time and I keep getting confused because of this very thing. An unreadable chapter that I spend too long figuring out is almost always followed by the same chapter done perfectly. Sigh.
Id is ridiculous. Best ability ever constantly is something...
Well it is something. hahah. But seriously fun series if you're in the mood for that.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Breaker: New Waves 71 is out and this chapter really has me hoping that our lovable protagonist finds a way to harness some goddamn ki because if he has to keep getting his rear end saved for the rest of this manga every time his naivete rears it's head I'm going to be disappointed. I'm ready for the protagonist force of will shonen power of friendship and justice gear up already, I've been ready since the fight in the gym when he managed to hold off the swordsman with willpower and I've got less interest in seeing him tortured and abused yet again and more interest in seeing some righteous rear end-kicking coming from someone besides Jini's grandfather already. Not that I wouldn't welcome more of that too, but seriously let's go already.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I want more of these gently caress me.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Musashi not only wields a sword but also a pair of pistols.

Mo_Steel posted:

Breaker: New Waves 71 is out and this chapter really has me hoping that our lovable protagonist finds a way to harness some goddamn ki because if he has to keep getting his rear end saved for the rest of this manga every time his naivete rears it's head I'm going to be disappointed. I'm ready for the protagonist force of will shonen power of friendship and justice gear up already, I've been ready since the fight in the gym when he managed to hold off the swordsman with willpower and I've got less interest in seeing him tortured and abused yet again and more interest in seeing some righteous rear end-kicking coming from someone besides Jini's grandfather already. Not that I wouldn't welcome more of that too, but seriously let's go already.

I love Breaker, but drat, it is painful to read when you're expecting BURNING COMEBACK. That's also nothing new.

And yeah, Noblesse owns. It really needs to go back to its little gags involving Rai at the end, because those were charming as hell and probably part of the reason why I've stuck with it so long. Honestly, its "subtle" humor is what made it sound out for me, and I hope it goes back to injecting that. The latest actiony stuff is somewhat entertaining but the humor with the characters (namely Rai) is what had kept me coming back before. I'm just mostly still on board because I've read so many drat chapters at this point.

Sindai posted:

Agreed, I'm not sure why I'm still reading it, I'm not sure what's going on anymore. :psyduck:

Sled fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 15, 2012

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. Great chapter just to learn what is going on finally, very :smith: though.

This sucks, I think we all suspected that Rai was more or less dying but still. I guess the story would be kind of boring if Rai had no drawbacks on his power though. I wonder how the Noblesse is replaced... seems like Rai might be the original one and with no soul weapon...?

Also I'd love to see the flash back to the attempted assassination of Rai. Must have been most of the traitor clan leaders to have forced him to expend so much power.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 16, 2012

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
You might want to fix your tags there.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New The Breaker: New Waves. Haha that poor guy, he's always getting the short end of the stick with whatever crazy plots he comes up with. Hopefully this wonder drug has now fixed Shioon's ki center so we can get back to the story. I love Sera, she's the best character in the story right now.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Didn't see any mention of it in the OP so I'm going to throw it out there, Dragon's Son Changsik is a pretty good fantasy adventure/comedy manhwa. It's got all your normal fantasy staples, magic sword, legendary dragons, monsters, spellcasters and elves, but the comic is a pretty good mix of plot movement and silly shenanigans.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Noblesse 237

Good to see Rai's knights gain another member.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Frome posted:

Noblesse 237

She seems to be in it entirely for a mask.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Frome posted:

Noblesse 237

I still love it that she blushes every time she's complimented. :3:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

She seems to be in it entirely for a mask.

"do the masks only come in black?"

:3:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So I finally decided to check out Noblesse, and it was engrossing enough that I marathoned it all the way through. The only thing that I don't like about it, is that for a story about humans vs superhuman beings, the human characters have almost no significance past the first part of the story.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wouldn't describe Noblesse as humans vs superhumans at all. Unmodified humans were obsolete almost the moment the story began.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
It's more a case of good and evil versions of characters from classic horror meeting up and having big fights and looking like they stepped out of a shoujo manga the whole time. No one really cares about humans because they're not really the point.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Well there is that long running but slow burn storyline where the Kids may be modified. Nothing really has come of it so far though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

New Breaker: New Waves

Apparently he is completely infused with delicious juice

10 new Magician out we are now at 142

I'll need to read through these all. Holy gently caress its a dragon I was right... a fledgling dragon... gaddamn... and it just turned into a girl... somehow I should have expected this to happen.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 29, 2012

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

New Breaker: New Waves

Apparently he is completely infused with delicious juice

My only thought was how amazing that kiss/cpr has to feel after being gagged and drained of blood for an hour

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Chapter 9 of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School is out.

If you aren't reading this, you should be.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Fact that saturday is for ADVENTURE is important

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 30, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This manwha just keeps getting better.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Thursday is the only day for college prep.
Also, I was a little disappointed they weren't talking about this kind of breaking
I loved every page of the chapter though, nipplephobia

Those cloud cats are creepy, I wish I noticed them while I was reading.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I love the schedule. I love the new teacher. Everything about SMAHEPHS is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wednesdays is CAT TRAINING DAY!... but friday is the only day for FRIENDSHIP