Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A reminder that that's not the EG release of Nipple Fighter and thus has a better chance of being dookie if it's from that group that was not translating parts that were "hard".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

AtomikKrab posted:

I hope it is a real spoiler... is 52 even out? (untranslated but existing?)

52 is not yet out, and given the plot so far, I highly doubt the information in the text is a spoiler, but the image certainly might be a real spoiler. Korean readers are up to chapter 42 at this point. (And drat, I keep forgetting how behind the translations are. Just so you guys know, it's still awesome.)

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Cyborg martial artists, vibration attacks, and massive collateral damage. This really is turning out to be BAA: the webcomic.

Things do seem to be on track for the spoiler as of chapter 42, he gets the haircut around the chapter twenty or so I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm confused. I thought the old guy at the end was the author, but how are people in the comments giving spoilers for future chapters?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Algid posted:

Cyborg martial artists, vibration attacks, and massive collateral damage. This really is turning out to be BAA: the webcomic.

Things do seem to be on track for the spoiler as of chapter 42, he gets the haircut around the chapter twenty or so I think.

Yeah, chapter 21.

Cbouncerrun posted:

I'm confused. I thought the old guy at the end was the author, but how are people in the comments giving spoilers for future chapters?

Yes, the old guy is the author; I think he was just annoyed about speculation, not actual spoilers.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
New Noblesse

I always loved the understated humor of the series, and this chapter does not disappoint.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Bremen posted:

New Noblesse

I always loved the understated humor of the series, and this chapter does not disappoint.

Awwww. The end was pretty :unsmith:.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Bremen posted:

New Noblesse

Well the ending is pretty good. Actually, the whole series is not bad either.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think the cutest touch is that Frankenstein has just kept wearing the clothes that Rai magically gave him ever since.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!
So Knight Run is some good space opera, but Pray is a fan-fic level Mary Sue. So I'm not sure if I'll even bother keeping up with it.

Anyone else reading it?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Hodgepodge posted:

So Knight Run is some good space opera, but Pray is a fan-fic level Mary Sue. So I'm not sure if I'll even bother keeping up with it.

Anyone else reading it?

Pray? A Mary-Sue? I'm pretty sure that would require her to be in some way mentally stable, which she very much is not. The crazy bitch would kill any number of people to protect Anne, even with the threat of species extinction looming overhead.

Now, Anne? She's much more of a candidate for being a Mary-Sue, but she is still far from perfect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Anyone else reading it?

Pray is the villain. She was never human and hasn't ever aged. No one but Anne really likes her very much and she never really understood or cared about humans other than Anne. It isn't like people hated her because of how awesome she was, either. She was completely awful to everyone but Anne and would cripple or kill people at the slightest provocation. Generally, you don't call uniformly reviled psychopaths who are only good at fighting mary sues.

If anything, I'd say Anne is a bit of a mary sue. She was as strong as Pray for no particular reason, and like half the cast is completely obsessed with her, also for no particular reason.

I'll probably keep reading at least until the end of the current episode.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

pnumoman posted:

52 is not yet out, and given the plot so far, I highly doubt the information in the text is a spoiler, but the image certainly might be a real spoiler. Korean readers are up to chapter 42 at this point. (And drat, I keep forgetting how behind the translations are. Just so you guys know, it's still awesome.)

It's depressing. I thought these Mangapirate scans would finally get us caught up, but I don't think they really care about faster releases, they seem to just care about beating EG and TheCompany to releasing scans.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!
Anne is probably more sympathetic and therefore more of a Mary Sue, I guess. At least she is clearly less powerful than someone in the series (Pray), though. Still, despite being acknowledged as mentally unstable, Pray is presented with a war orphan background, which makes her instability hard to hold against her. Likewise, being willing to kill to protect a loved one isn't entirely unsympathetic, especially when most of the victims are traitors or thugs running child prostitution rings.

At the same time, she's presented as being above and beyond anyone at everything she does, and even after she is revealed to be an alien, she's still the best alien queen ever.

Maybe I'm wrong and her character is just being presented very heavily from Anne's point of view. I hope so.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Pray didn't just succeed for no reason. They showed how and why she was able to get so much further than other queens. She picked off the best knights on the planet one by one while building her forces and then she stole all of the best technology. I'm not entirely sure how intelligent other queens are, but they obviously didn't use very advanced strategies. So, the knight's hq didn't have any countermeasures in place for what Pray did because it was meant to fight a fundamentally different kind of enemy.

For that matter, Pray was never actually a war orphan in the usual sense and it is very unclear just how old she is.

I sort of suspect that her trophy collection was somehow relevant, too.

The story of Knight Run was pretty incoherent for quite some time, but now it is all coming together.

Also, what the hell are the aliens even called? I can't remember for the life of me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 8, 2012

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Serious Frolicking posted:

Pray didn't just succeed for no reason. They showed how and why she was able to get so much further than other queens. She picked off the best knights on the planet one by one while building her forces and then she stole all of the best technology. I'm not entirely sure how intelligent other queens are, but they obviously didn't use very advanced strategies. So, the knight's hq didn't have any countermeasures in place for what Pray did because it was meant to fight a fundamentally different kind of enemy.

For that matter, Pray was never actually a war orphan in the usual sense and it is very unclear just how old she is.

I sort of suspect that her trophy collection was somehow relevant, too.

The story of Knight Run was pretty incoherent for quite some time, but now it is all coming together.

Also, what the hell are the aliens even called? I can't remember for the life of me.

The way I read it was that Pray was the queen that lead the previous 'Great War' thingy and for some reason decided to not queen any more.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Cynic Jester posted:

The way I read it was that Pray was the queen that lead the previous 'Great War' thingy and for some reason decided to not queen any more.

No, no. It's worse than that. She's the previous Queen's daughter. They're LEARNING.

EDIT: Also, the aliens are called The Beast.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 8, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gearhead posted:

No, no. It's worse than that. She's the previous Queen's daughter. They're LEARNING.

EDIT: Also, the aliens are called The Beast.

Ha ha, what a lovely name.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ha ha, what a lovely name.

Well, until Pray you couldn't actually carry on a conversation with one of them. They're monstrous, vicious and relentless. The humans of the story don't have a name they call themselves and their entire point of existence seems to be sucking the life out of any given planet they settle on in order to continue branching out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh my, Crepuscule is so lovely. The original writer left, so they restarted the series with a new one. However, the new version just recently popped up, and it is functionally identical to the original. There are minor differences, but it is basically the exact same story with the exact same art, the exact same characters and the exact same events. The best part is, when I compared a couple chapters directly it became clear that the new one is slightly slower paced than the original, which wasn't exactly fast-paced to begin with.

This is really sort of fascinating, because it looks like webtoon creators have very lovely intellectual property rights. Anyone know enough to go into more detail?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 9, 2012

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Where are you guys reading Knight Run so far ahead? The only scans I can find are awful and only go to 45.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Pierson posted:

Where are you guys reading Knight Run so far ahead? The only scans I can find are awful and only go to 45.

The Raws on Naver.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Oh look, it's a new God of High School release!

It's really good. If you aren't reading this series feel free to give this chapter a try - it'll probably give you something to look forward to.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is anyone else reading Peak? I started it on a whim after seeing it on EG's site and it's dang good. It's about a mountain rescue team in Korea. That's...that's basically it, it's just about them being a rescue team.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh, really? From the description I thought it had some silly twist. That sounds interesting.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it's a bad description, I went in thinking they'd get to the mountain and SECRET GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENTS MONSTERS OOOOOOOH.

Nah. They learn to save people, they get stronger every day, they replace their predecessors as the rescue team. That's it. It's Kokou No Hito minus the life-ruining obsession part.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Sarcophallus posted:

It's really good. If you aren't reading this series feel free to give this chapter a try - it'll probably give you something to look forward to.

This was one of the best drawn chapters in the entire series, the whole fight scene was amazing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ask Me For Warez posted:

This was one of the best drawn chapters in the entire series, the whole fight scene was amazing.

It has been improving and is especially delicious this chapter.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Noblesse 245 over at EGScans

Click this Naver link too to give the authors hits

e: Am I crazy or is that M-24, not dead. Weird.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 14, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm not sure what it really adds to the story, aside from being the latest excuse to send a bunch of enhanced humans into conflict with the main cast.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That revived dude wasn't just a random experiment. He was Werewolf guy's friend, he's just a lot less pink and doesn't have his hat/trenchcoat.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I'm not sure what it really adds to the story, aside from being the latest excuse to send a bunch of enhanced humans into conflict with the main cast.

I think it can add a great deal, but drat the union is incompetent as poo poo

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

I think it can add a great deal, but drat the union is incompetent as poo poo

It's got something to do with the fact that they evidently choose between mental stability and combat ability.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!
http://mangafox.me/manga/knight_run/c046/1.html

New Knight Run. This translation :negative:

This chapter seems like it would be hard as gently caress to translate though, so I can't really blame them for it seeming a bit muddled.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nahxela posted:

That revived dude wasn't just a random experiment. He was Werewolf guy's friend, he's just a lot less pink and doesn't have his hat/trenchcoat.

Isn't that obvious? My point is, he is alive again. So what? What does him being back bring to the table? Of course, his escape was probably staged and I'm sure Crombel messed with his head, but is this really how Crombel gets the info he has been after? It is kind of cheesy.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Sarcophallus posted:

Oh goodness. This is so amazingly ridiculous, I love it.
I want so much more.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Isn't that obvious? My point is, he is alive again. So what? What does him being back bring to the table? Of course, his escape was probably staged and I'm sure Crombel messed with his head, but is this really how Crombel gets the info he has been after? It is kind of cheesy.
My post was more of a response to Shugojin, like a "Yes, that's who you think it is" :v:
I don't know where this'll go besides maybe add another member to the ragtag group living at Frankenstein's. At the very least, there'll be some interactions with M-23 and we'll probably see some development in him, characterwise and ability wise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nahxela posted:

My post was more of a response to Shugojin, like a "Yes, that's who you think it is" :v:
I don't know where this'll go besides maybe add another member to the ragtag group living at Frankenstein's. At the very least, there'll be some interactions with M-23 and we'll probably see some development in him, characterwise and ability wise.

For him to get out scot free, Crombel would need to be an idiot. He is most definitely not.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I never said/implied anything about Crombel letting him go free without any concern, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cave Adapted
Jun 13, 2012

Gwisin Byeolgok
It's about a girl who is possessed by a spirit who wants to kill her and take her body. They also have to fight the forces of the underworld in cool fight scenes.