Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Been reading a bit of Id, it's pretty great. The main character feels like a Mary-Sue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Cave Adapted posted:

Gwisin Byeolgok
It's about a girl who is possessed by a spirit who wants to kill her and take her body. They also have to fight the forces of the underworld in cool fight scenes.

When I read this one I get a "Korean Bleach, but still at the point where Bleach was kind of interesting" vibe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh, is A-team the only translation team who did The Breaker: New Waves? I want to read it on an online reader but they're assholes and horribly watermarked it unless you download it directly from them.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Cbouncerrun posted:

Ugh, is A-team the only translation team who did The Breaker: New Waves? I want to read it on an online reader but they're assholes and horribly watermarked it unless you download it directly from them.

I believe 20 or so chapters of New Waves were A-Team only, but the only other people who ever bothered with the series were speed scans who were tired of the A-Team people. What you'll find is that a lot of the aggregating websites like mangapanda will put up the earliest scan and keep it, so you tend not to see A-Team scans after a while. The downside is that sites like Mangapanda shove their own watermarks on the chapters, but at least they don't take up the entire page as A-Team has been wont to do.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

When I read this one I get a "Korean Bleach, but still at the point where Bleach was kind of interesting" vibe.

Inclined to agree, and I really like it so far. The characters have motivations that are at least somewhat more nuanced than a cardboard cutout what with our protagonist not wanting to have powers at all and her body snatcher not really knowing how he can resolve his situation. I almost get an Inuyasha vibe from the two main characters thus far, but it hasn't gotten terrible yet so I'm holding hope the author continues making somewhat believable characters.

The ghosts are all fantastic as well. :3:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Well, then, it seems that Cavalier of the Abyss finally updated.

I wish this translated more quickly, because the writer loves cliffhangers. A new chapter every four months is murderous.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

New Breaker.

I somehow never connected the black forest defense group with the actual black forest, not that it's really relevant to the story, just seems really funny to me for some reason.

edit: I'm wondering if the coverpage means that Sosul is supposed to fight them. I was sort of expecting her to be taller once her problem was fixed though.

Algid fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 21, 2012

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Nobless 255 is out. The last one that was linked in here was 245 so here's 246 if you haven't been keeping up.

Spoilers for the most recent chapter, 255

I was kinda annoyed that m-24 was brought back from the dead since it feels like a character's death has no drat meaning if they just get brought back. It's nice seeing that he actually was still dead and I was just getting fooled for the past few chapters.

Rai doesn't look too pleased at the end so hopefully the elder with the weird hair gets stomped in the nuts next chapter when he inevitably starts talking poo poo.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

lil baby anime posted:

Nobless 255 is out. The last one that was linked in here was 245 so here's 246 if you haven't been keeping up.

Spoilers for the most recent chapter, 255

I was kinda annoyed that m-24 was brought back from the dead since it feels like a character's death has no drat meaning if they just get brought back. It's nice seeing that he actually was still dead and I was just getting fooled for the past few chapters.

Rai doesn't look too pleased at the end so hopefully the elder with the weird hair gets stomped in the nuts next chapter when he inevitably starts talking poo poo.

I am pleased that my suspicions were right... and in a different way than I thought. I was going with cloned spy personally

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Algid posted:

New Breaker.

I somehow never connected the black forest defense group with the actual black forest, not that it's really relevant to the story, just seems really funny to me for some reason.

edit: I'm wondering if the coverpage means that Sosul is supposed to fight them. I was sort of expecting her to be taller once her problem was fixed though.

FYI, kissmanga already has breaker new waves up to chapter 89

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
So is Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School dead or what? :(

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Death Bot posted:

So is Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School dead or what? :(

What chapter did the translations stop at? The actual comic is on hiatus at chapter 49 until November.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pnumoman posted:

What chapter did the translations stop at? The actual comic is on hiatus at chapter 49 until November.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Except 12 was done by a speedscan-type group that EG had called out as taking shortcuts. EGScans only did up to 11.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Yikes. Well, hopefully someone picks it back up for you guys. It's a real pain to translate, though. Tons of technical terms used psuedo-scientifically, and every single martial arts move is a hardcore pun. Such a shame since it's so fun.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 256. This chapter was excellent. If anyone hasn't been following it recently, the plot is about to get moving soon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is nice that the focus has shifted away from the spy. That subplot is dumb.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Hey guys

Extreme Hell Private High School 15 is out.

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
It only ever gets better.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Noblesse 257

The poo poo talking has commenced. Nut stomping imminent.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

lil baby anime posted:

Noblesse 257

The poo poo talking has commenced. Nut stomping imminent.

Nothing really encapsulates Noblesse like one of the characters curbstomping ostensibly the most powerful opponents they've faced while the rest stand back and comment on his sanity.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 9, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bremen posted:

Nothing really encapsulates Noblesse like one of the characters curbstomping ostensibly the most powerful opponents they've faced while the rest stand back and comment on his sanity.

Well, Noblesse is pretty drat formulaic at this point.

MayLanh
Apr 16, 2012

by angerbot
Noblesse 258

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 259

I just love how Frankenstein got hit and then as if it was an after thought finished the 11th elder. I know Frankenstein and Rei are basically planning to declare war on the Union so hopefully these elders actually start dying.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Extreme Hell Highschool 16

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 260. Rai is about to disappear some dudes. Don't mess with humans in front of him.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Lyon posted:

Noblesse 260. Rai is about to disappear some dudes. Don't mess with humans in front of him.

Korean office buildings are the true losers of Noblesse

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Bremen posted:

Korean office buildings are the true losers of Noblesse

Lukedonia and the Union are really fighting over dominance of the lucrative construction industry. It's a self-sustaining cycle!

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
Breaker 96

Finally something out of Shi-Woon

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Rinseh posted:

Breaker 96

Finally something out of Shi-Woon

I think it's fair to say that all anyone wants from this manga now is for Shi-Woon to regain his Ki and start destroying peoples faces. As it stands though, I thought him taking out all the grunts just using foot techniques was pretty awesome.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Ryu, what happened to your hair?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FiftySeven posted:

I think it's fair to say that all anyone wants from this manga now is for Shi-Woon to regain his Ki and start destroying peoples faces. As it stands though, I thought him taking out all the grunts just using foot techniques was pretty awesome.

I think that the build up is kind of interesting, actually. It lets a lot of other characters show their abilities and at the same time, he is coming up with creative ways to combat without using Ki. It makes it a lot more believable that he is probably going to take on his master because of how he is growing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They haven't even really shown why he should take on his master, though. What 9AD is doing hasn't been shown in detail ever since new waves began. Has he even had any lines? I'm not sure how 9AD is even related to this lovely organization that is using his name.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The only reason I can think is maybe Shiwoon said something along the lines of "he can't be the one behind SUC, but if he is, etc."

Note: im not sure if he has said that, it just sounds like something he'd say.

I like how it seems like losing his ki centre is the best thing that's happened for his martial arts.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

It's been giving a lot of hope that once his ki center is fine, he'll get to be extra badass. Just the wait is getting killer for it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Look at that last panel in the most recent Breaker chapter. Just look at it. If Shiwoon doesn't finally just start loving everyone up I am going to be so miffed. :mad:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Sindai posted:

Look at that last panel in the most recent Breaker chapter. Just look at it. If Shiwoon doesn't finally just start loving everyone up I am going to be so miffed. :mad:

I have been eagerly awaiting the moment Shiwoon gets fed up with all this poo poo for a long time. It's like poking a dragon with a stick. Or poking a dragon you thought was a puppy with a stick, or something.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

chibi posted:

It's been giving a lot of hope that once his ki center is fine, he'll get to be extra badass. Just the wait is getting killer for it.

It's advancing a lot of side story stuff, ie having clans align themselves together specifically with / against him etc. So, it's not huge right now but it does seem to have a purpose in the deeper story for dragging his problems out. And also as said, to make him fight without Ki and probably be better for it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Somebody new is translating Cavalier of the Abyss now. Whoever it is, they're not just sitting around looking dumb.

I can't believe that we're 57 chapters in and still have no flipping clue what the hell that wolf spirit is, or how it really relates to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker: New Waves 99

Honestly I'm getting sick of the SUC. This whole we setup a trap, no we setup a trap, Sunwoo are are here we're saved, actually that was a trap too! bit is starting to get annoying. I hope Sera/Sunwoo elders were expecting this and counted on Shinwoo being able to survive long enough on his own to setup this final FINAL encounter.

Hopefully Jini's grandfather (head elder guy), Sera and her crew, and literally everyone show up to trounce the SUC and discover that that other clan (the names in this manhwa are hard to remember) are the ones pulling the strings. Then maybe we can start to resolve the story and get Nine Arts back into the actual story.

Also let's get the ki-center permanently fixed already.