Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm glad you guys started this thread. I had enjoyed The Breaker and hadn't stumbled on Veritas yet.

Also screw you guys because I didn't get any sleep yesterday because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So I finished Veritas...

But I'm pretty sure the author didn't...

:smith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

chibi posted:

It's been giving a lot of hope that once his ki center is fine, he'll get to be extra badass. Just the wait is getting killer for it.

It's advancing a lot of side story stuff, ie having clans align themselves together specifically with / against him etc. So, it's not huge right now but it does seem to have a purpose in the deeper story for dragging his problems out. And also as said, to make him fight without Ki and probably be better for it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'm liking where New Waves is going. The stuff with 9 arts dragon being gone etc helps build intrigue IMO. He'll come back when his girlfriend in the hospital gets more time in the story again.

I guess I'm immune to slow pacing after sticking with Ippo for years and years.

:sigh:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

Breaker 108

:getin:

And dropkick the gently caress out of the swat

If you've got to kill someone off that's certainly an awesome ending for it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That last panel looks more like it belongs in Beelzebub

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

doomisland posted:

The worst is just that this took another 100 chapters or whatever since the end of The Breaker and then you realize you're 2 years older since then and death is coming.

Just be glad you haven't been following Hajime no Ippo since like, 2001...

:suicide:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Crossposting this from the "Convince someone to read a manga with one image" thread:

Attaque.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Attaque

Manhwa, actually about fencing. Kinda neat vibe so far as the original main character seems like a completely evil piece of poo poo but the antagonist seems to be someone good who turns into an rear end in a top hat as well. Interested to see where it's going.

Right now it's decent, but at only 22 chapters it's still hard to tell if it's going to continue to get more interesting or just be dumb and predictable. I'd give it a read, it goes fast.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lyon posted:

I read the first 5-10 chapters of this and could not get into it. The main character had no redeeming qualities as far as I was concerned. I kept waiting for it but... nothing.

So far I completely dislike the main character as well. I don't think he's supposed to be a sympathetic protagonist. The other guy that shows up seems like he'd be the "good guy" but then it turns out he's pretty strange himself. Part of the draw for me I guess but I do agree it could just get dumb if nothing develops well.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Some serious :smug: Aizen finger flashback in that chapter.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

Every week, The Breaker: New Waves just leaves me wanting more.

Shioon is going to break out of the Thousand Needle Restriction and win the duel because he was able to hold out until the Sunwoo clan arrived.

Yeah. It gets better every week. I love the old dudes negotiation demands

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Fabricated posted:

New Breaker: New Waves out.

Vedict: :stare:

:allears: This arc is just the best.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Shugojin posted:

For Asimov fans, someone has done a pretty cool adaptation of The Last Question as a one-shot sort of thing.

I wanna say I've encountered this before but I'm posting it in case I'm wrong.

Thanks for this. It's always been one of my favorite short stories

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This arc has made all of TB:NW so so worth it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Is it only like 4 more pages??

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

GoHS updated http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/129?id=177360

high school detective kid straight up using PUA techniques in the other world :laffo:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The Breaker is actually a manga thats purpose is to teach everyone to respect their elders.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

New God of High School chapter is up. Hilarious fight.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

God of High School update

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/138?id=182624

Power Creep? Pshh more like power explosion

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I still assert that BreakerNW is just a manga about learning respect for your elders.

Your elders loving own.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The readers in the comments section of Breaker: New Waves over at Daum (where it's hosted) have declared Elder Kwon the new main character of series.

Do you know how awesome a "Life and times of Elder Kwon" Spinoff would be?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Voted Worst Mom posted:

So I know The Breaker: NW has fallen off in popularity here, but for those still following, does anyone feel like S.U.C. is about to lure all of the Murim into that arena and pull some (reverse?) Veritas poo poo?

I dunno about fallen off in popularity... Just that the last 4 chapters or so have gone back to advancing the original plot instead of having Elder Kwon going Jedi on everything.

And yeah, I think that is what's going to happen. I feel like they are setting up the master vs student fight but it seems way too early for it. Interested to see how it shakes out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The Gamer updated.

It's awesome his friend is just now openly calling him out on how bullshit his broken ability is. What a fun little story this has been.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Shugojin posted:

The Gamer has actually had its own thread for a while now!

Ah yep, thanks I forgot about that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This just started up, only at 2 chapters so far but seems promising.

70 years after the end of the Korean war (in 2023) a conflict begins again on the Korean Peninsula.

Still developing the story so far but seems to have some potential.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/70

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hahaha yeah when he pulled the gun on the boss and is like 'eat poo poo' that was pretty awesome. At least a lot of things are making sense now.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah, short chapter but loving :black101: as hell. Both Shioon and Kwon just being total badasses.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Coughing Hobo posted:

Whoa, I knew I'd seen that combo before! It's a shot-for-shot recreation of Goomoonryong's kick from the first chapter of The Breaker!

The Breaker:

New Waves:

Woah, nice catch dude.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I marathoned The Breaker over like two days and am around 50 chapters into New Waves. Pretty good so far, but The Breaker felt really..rushed? Lotta things seemed to happen too fast and the pacing was kind of weird, still enjoyed it though.

My only complain with New Waves so far is that the Jinie is the best but the MC is prob going to end up with his old gf who never appears anymore or the boring long black haired chick. RIP.

edit: Oh yeah is there a legal way to read New Waves because the "gently caress ALL ONLINE READERS" watermark on the releases was funny at first but now it just annoys me.

Elder Kwon is the secret MC of New Waves. Enjoy it when he starts being all :black101:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sarcophallus posted:

With the same tone? Not that I can really think of. Veritas was definitely the closest, at least in the Manhwa realm. You can look at some other martial arts manga like Shamo or even Sun Ken Rock. The latter is especially good if you like the whole 'win out of sheer tenacity' aspect that Shioon has; but goes a bit overboard with fanservice.

A bit overboard is putting it lightly.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

God of High School has gone nuts but it's totally rad

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Reiche posted:

I wouldn't think of it! Batshit insanity of this caliber deserves attention.

The Gamer should be on there.

What happened to Peak? Started out well but translation stopped

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Jose posted:

The veritas people have a new manwha out

What is it?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Anyone else reading Red Storm?

It starts out with a really solid arc but then starts to jump around a lot, too many characters added in a hurry and their backstory doesn't really come in on many of them until way later which makes the story a bit disjointed. I stuck with it though and now it's starting to really do a better job of interweaving a couple simultaneous stories of the different characters that's keeping my interest.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Voted Worst Mom posted:

God of high school really knows how to introduce characters and keep them relevant despite the power creep.

Yeah its pretty good with that. I was trying to think about what I liked about it and this is a good point.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got distracted and kind of dropped New Waves like 30 chapters a while back, is it worth picking back up?

If you didn't get to the Old Man goes berserk arcs then you need to pick that poo poo right back up. Even though its still not properly concluded, those arcs were worth a read.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Jose posted:

god of high school has made no sense for like 100 chapters now but i'm still enjoying it

More than 100 but, same.

Edit: Did The Gamer go on hiatus or something? Nothing updated since mid July.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Actually god of high school is really good and knows how to use all of its characters forever while introducing millions of characters every week

I like it. It's totally nuts every week but in the best way.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gologle posted:

So, I picked up and marathoned through Shin Angyo Onshi when I stumbled across it, and I have to say, if you haven't read Shin Angyo Onshi, you need to read Shin Angyo Onshi. And I mean all of it, including the author notes at the end of the volumes and the gag panels with the author, editor, and artists. It is seriously, legitimately, a fantastic, astounding manhwa.

On the subject of webcomics produced by webtoons, there is also The Strange Tales of Oscar Zahn. If you like Hellboy, you're going to like this one.

Yep. It's a lot of fun and one of the rarer manga/manwhas that has a well done ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Elysiume posted:

What is even happening in God of High School anymore? I have no idea where this is all headed.

I made this post last year.