Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I was enjoying Sorcerer King until it turned into Dragon Ball taekwondo edition and got really boring.

Why does every wizard in manga/manhwa seem to just end up punching people?

I'm sure this is all Kazushi Hagiwara's fault somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Gosu, Peerless Dad and Legend of the Northern Blade

Aire looks good but I've only read a couple chapters.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

That Works posted:

Def recommend the 1st two as well. I havent read Northern Blade yet tho, is it on Webtoon or nah?
This is the post that makes me realize that webtoon isn't just a generic name for online comics you scroll down in a continuous manner to read.

So I have no idea.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Started reading Legendary Youngest Son yesterday. Pretty standard regression stuff but I liked that the main character doesn't give a single gently caress about keeping it a secret.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

I've been really enjoying the Barbarian Quest Manwha that a few people have been translating. It's got some nice art.

Reminds me a lot of Conan.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I just started reading that yesterday and it's really good.

He also called himself Arsene Lupin at one point.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Peerless Dad got a five chapter update and Noh has had enough of this poo poo.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

In the new chapter of Everyone Else is a Returner the main character doesn't want to expose his identity so instead of using his cell he uses a pay/public phone.

Does Korea still have pay phones? What the hell I want some pay phones.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Pretty much anything Asura Scans translates is going to be at least be pretty looking and action packed.

I'd recommend Dark Lady because the art is cool but there is like a hundred factions all acting at once and I have genuinely forgotten most of who is with what country.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I've been enjoying Genius of Unique Lineage. It has decent art, action is good and it's funny. The main character isn't an rear end in a top hat. He's talented but you see him struggle and actually has to work at getting the stuff he does right and when it finally clicks its fun to see him put skills into action.

It's one of those gates open and everyone gets super powers stories. The hook is he's the only successful cross breed between two of the super power factions. His parents both think the other is a normal human and want him to keep it a secret.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I like that instead of just being a homicidal rear end in a top hat Kangwoo from Player who Returned After 10000 Years is just unapologetically gleefully evil.

Just having so much fun being Korean Satan.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Surviving the Game as a Barbarian is just Isekai Pixel Dungeon and it's pretty fun so far.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That said both the unofficial scans of Northern Blade are poo poo.

I read the Korean original and checked out both Asura and whatever the other one was and both were so shiftily translated that people on Reddit couldn't loving understand basic plot details.

I think the official one is better about it.

To be fair nerds on the internet not being able to follow a plot is a time honored tradition.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I forgot the name but there's that one where a noble lady has to marry a duke who's a werewolf. Instead of getting eaten like people expected she tames him. I lost track of it and plan to get back to it but I remember it being fun.

Mookhyang - Dark Lady? Kinda. Martial arts master gets isekai'd and turned into a girl.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Genius of Unique Lineage is back from break and now the art is super flat and generic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

What I found interesting is that Villainess Princess uses the term constellation which also appears in Revival Hunter, referring in that story to beings which are essentially the cornerstone of their realities and whose death usually throws their whole reality into disorder. Seems to have a similar implication for VP, interested how far back that trope dates.

The Constellation thing is in a ton of series it's always a higher being that manages worlds/realms. There's a couple like Shattered Constellation where the main character becomes one.

Its like the martial arts series always having a Divine/Heavenly Demon.