Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Hey yall, I'm a web novel normie but had a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1) a couple of years ago, I read some of the 3 Body Problem manhwa. Now that the show is out on Netflix I was considering getting back into it, but it's surprisingly hard to understand the best place to buy it, or even how many chapters are actually out.

Is it well regarded? Where is the best place to read or buy it? I see it on webnovel.com but it looks a little sketchy, I guess...

2) Around that same time I got into UnOrdinary on WebToon. It got kind of boring when they were trying to figure out about the whole... vaccine that gives your powers back and they go to the enemies science lab or whatever...

anyways! At that time I was buying coins on Webtoons. Which went fine. I even purchased them using my Apple ID so there is a record of the purchases.

However, I go back now and it seems like I somehow wasn't logged in, and they let you buy coins while not being logged in, so if that device gets reset, you just... lose the coins forever and never had an account?

This matters to me now because I just read all the way current in Omniscient Reader's Perspective in like 4 days (couldn't do jack poo poo for a few days, long story). It's great. I enjoy it greatly. But it really seems like my coins were lost in the ether. And I don't want to give more money to a website that seems to have lost my coins...?!?!

So... am I right here? Do they really let you buy coins without logging in, and then they just disappear into nothing if something happens to that copy of the app on that device? It just seems so insanely shady and it makes me not want to give them any more funds... :( if I complained would they reinstate my coins...?

---

e: I guess that leads me to a final question, which is, most manhwa/webtoon platforms seem... like they're based around fairly predatory models? Is that weird to say? Can I somehow subscribe to a platform that is similar to like, Viz/Shonen Jump, where I pay a flat fee? Why is this industry so... slimy... sorry not trying to be offensive I am just confused.

I don't enjoy the daily experience of having to interact with these slimy-seeming platforms and I am definitely a little worried about having my credit card out there on some of them.

Taima fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU