Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Einander posted:

GotW: The end-of-chapter revelation is underwhelming. Jae Gu already came to that conclusion himself on-camera, as it were. It's only been like five chapters. In that time, he already decided to fight and stormed into a school to beat someone senseless for hurting his siblings. His reaction to that should be "okay, I'll do that."
Honestly, I was successfully convinced it was an unfortunate accident and the situation was now tragedy instead of villainy, so I was surprised.

I guess from now on I'll trust that that people with red hair are the devil incarnate.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Man I don't even know what is going on in God of High School any more. I miss when it was just about how tae kwon do is the best martial art in the world.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wouldn't describe Noblesse as humans vs superhumans at all. Unmodified humans were obsolete almost the moment the story began.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I love the schedule. I love the new teacher. Everything about SMAHEPHS is great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This week in:

The Breaker: loving finally. :black101:

God of High School: A Gandalf Stand lol. Standing still casting and chanting for several seconds in a kung fu fight seems like a poor strategy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Also the empirical evidence suggests that it does not, in fact, stop people from uploading their scans to reader sites.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Nasgate posted:

"my heart pounds whenever I see you fighting", whelp, his charisma works on everyone, even big bads.

The whole chapter I just :woop:
Male, female, old, young, friend, enemy, all are helpless before the seductiveness Shioon exudes while being beaten half to death.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Please, please let him win this fight on his merits and not need rescuing again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Something I always wondered about Id: does the term "fusion fantasy" actually mean something? Is it supposed to refer to how Id is an eastern fantasy character stuck in a western fantasy world?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Poor guy needs kevlar shirts or something.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Look at that last panel in the most recent Breaker chapter. Just look at it. If Shiwoon doesn't finally just start loving everyone up I am going to be so miffed. :mad:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I loved that fight. It successfully tricked me into thinking she was going to lose for a chapter or two, which is all I really ask of a kung fu series.

GoHS is probably my second favorite currently-running one after SMAHEPHS.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's the greatest Frankenstein moment in the entire series.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm just glad Shioon wasn't crippled for a dozen chapters.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If anyone is still waiting for Breaker to get good again, you can pick it back up now. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Heroes of Spring and Autumn 2 is out and it owns just as hard as the first chapter: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Heroes-of-the-Spring-and-Autumn/2-Read-Online?id=160482

If you're at all interested in wulin fiction, or like Feng Shen Ji, you should give it a shot. It's full-color and gorgeous.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Heroes of Spring and Autumn 3: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Heroes-of-the-Spring-and-Autumn/3-Read-Online?id=161252

In this issue: history, mythology, dragons, really hot swords, really cold ice.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 28, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Don't forget that a Obama ordered a massive nuclear strike on Seoul to kill the giant god-monster the white-haired guy is summoning. Of course, chances are 100% that nukes will prove to be no match for Korean martial arts.

And yeah it's unclear exactly what either organization's goal is because nobody has explained anything about what's actually going on except in the vaguest terms.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 5, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Mostly the second one I think, but at least it's unpredictable.

And I'm pretty sure the idea is that his staff used to be impaled through that thing on the far side of the moon, since a scaffold was built up around it. Jin Mori just made it extend down to Earth, then retracted it down to Earth. You can see the scaffold collapse in the last space shot.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 17, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Awww, I'm going to miss Greed guy's increasingly ridiculous powered-up forms. If he's really dead.

I don't understand the whole super-lightning thing though. Could Sun Wukong do that?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Here's another totally rad full-color Chinese martial arts manhua I found: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Lawless/0

It has a dude turning another dude into a low-yield tactical nuclear device using martial arts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I loved the other elders getting ready to show off and then being preempted.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Just in time to cheer us up, here's another chapter of Dragon's Son Changsik: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-s-Son-Changsik/Ch-016--Night-of-the-Dead--004-?id=171876

I laughed my rear end off at the Eva reference.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Breaker-New-Waves/131

Hey there old buddy LET'S FIGHT :getin:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
So long smug government glasses guy, we hardly knew ye.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Three new chapters of Feng Shen Ji: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Feng-Shen-Ji/72

It's pretty much nonstop full-color :ssj: at this point, and it's glorious.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well, that escalated quickly. Sorry, NiTian ErXing, time for you to job so the final boss can be built up for the main character.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I really like the core conceit of Knight Run (I don't think I've ever seen sci-fi wuxia before and it's an amazing idea) but yeah I don't know what's going on half the time and the translation is barely decipherable.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You'd think martial artists of all people would know to be more wary of perfectly serene old men.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/135

Ox King is pretty rad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
How many Elders are left at this point? There's such a clusterfuck of new clan leader-level antagonists this arc I've completely lost count.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

the absolute best manwha is still Shin Angyo Onshi.
Yep. This is my yearly reminder everyone who hasn't read Shin Angyo Onshi needs to.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Blinks77 posted:

I'm two chapters in... this is some pretty depressing poo poo so far.
Keep going. The ending is basically the most badass thing ever drawn.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

I've only been intermittently reading Knight Run since it was kind of dragging, but I really didn't expect this.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Knight-Run/Ch-074--Pray---Part-072---My-Dearest-Anne?id=187487
Pray spontaneously gave birth to Anne. In a nativity scene no less, in case the symbolism was too subtle for anyone.
Haha, I was coming here to post this because it certainly got a :pwn: out of me.

At least it explains why she's the only person in the universe remotely as strong as her.

Also I love the names of their moves.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Feng Shen Ji achieves its final form: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Feng-Shen-Ji/095

SOUL GATTAI :kamina:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They literally ran out of people to fight in the real world so they had to move to Asian Myth World to find new people to fight. GoHS is great.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 6, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
https://www.kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Breaker-New-Waves/Ch--185---Chapter-18

IF at any point you've thought "surely Elder Kwon can't get more badass than that" you were wrong. :zoro:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
There has to be, since there's still one long-running antagonist around and two new ones.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They committed one of the classic blunders. Only slightly less important than "never fight a land war in Asia" is "never gloat about having rendered the shounen protagonist powerless and then make him extremely angry."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think Daewi lost the full king's power when R gave it to Mira instead? I'm still really unclear on what happened there.

And/or Mubong is stronger now that he's no longer constantly saving it up.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 22, 2017