Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

khy posted:

I got up to the part where he reunites with his wife sort of in the military encampment, but then the encampment is attacked (I think that's the first time the wasps use bombs) and they get separated.
that's where I stopped too, but more because I was exasperated at that twist than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
:siren: Your new player protection period has expired. :siren:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I really enjoyed the hoist by their own dumb philosophy petard

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I HAD NO IDEA 'DATES' WERE SUCH A HORRIBLE THING!

Noblesse doing the good stuff again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They'll be caught up in just four or five months. :sun:

The really insane thing is that the fan translators are still translating, but not editing, chapters, and threaten to stop if anybody else uses their scripts to make a scan. I don't even :psyduck:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah God of High School is great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Sun Jing hangs out with her friends at school, meanwhile there are occasionally chapters about a girl named Qiu Tong who goes to a different school. Nobody can figure out why those chapters exist since the two never meet.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you think those are bad try watching one of the animated adaptations.

There was one where they added a black sidekick for the main character named Will Smith, who was designed as though they'd looked at Mr Popo and went "heh, we can do way worse than that!"

edit: It was Wang Go Xiang Qiong / Everlasting Immortal Firmament

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 8, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Jose posted:

Noblesse seems to be moving to the final arc then
For a while there I literally forgot Cromwell existed and had been teased as the major villain since nearly the first arc.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
that does suck. Gosu is great

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That seemed kind of silly. It made no sense that the explosions from the missiles (which, they emphasized several times, were not nuclear explosions because they were right on top of the cities when they happened and everyone else was fine) would kill or even seriously injure them with the power they could all throw around.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 11, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
There's no way the protagonist of Solo Leveling is the only one in the world with the ability to level, the others will no doubt show up as soon as he reaches S rank

Or in the grand genre tradition it turns out Earth was just the tutorial and it's time to go to the real universe where S is basically level 1 again.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 7, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Scoob and Shag starts out as simple crude gags before getting much more interesting. Saying exactly how kinda feels like a spoiler, though.
It's like if Tails Gets Trolled was good intentionally

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

That Works posted:

It was always insane. Which was good! I just didn't like the new characters etc the bit after the timeskip was pretty jarring and I just kinda stopped reading it for a bit. I guess what I'm asking is if you enjoyed it before the timeskip is it still good now?
Yeah it's still good. It doesn't really take that long for all your old favorites to come back.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
With how good Tower of God looks I have high hopes for GoHS

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Gosu status: after more than two years IT'S HAPPENING :supaburn:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

So...that happened. Was that what you wanted to happen?
You had me worried for a minute but it turned out even better than I expected. :gibs:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, the anime heavily restructures things so it can cover 11-12 chapters in one episode.

I guess it wants to cover the entire first tournament in one cour, which means ~112 chapters.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It needs to move at a considerably faster pace than Tower of God if it wants to get that far so a lot of stuff is going to be skipped or restructured.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
ORV is a pretty interesting concept, and the art is by the same group as Solo Leveling so it looks much better than most manwhua.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Shugojin posted:

they clearly saved animation budget on ToG so they could use it here
The two shows aren't even made by the same studio. It's more that GoHS was lucky enough to go to a director who, for whatever reason, absolutely worked his rear end off to make it look as good as possible. For example, he storyboarded almost every episode himself.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 5, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
There was an OVA called Awakening that covered the first arc years ago. Fortunately it's on CR too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The pacing is pretty different in the comic. Cramming the entire first arc into one cour required a significant amount of cutting, although it was mostly side character fights and flashbacks so the main plot was mostly intact, as far as I can remember.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wingdings.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

What loving happened there lol.
Yeah it could be an interesting character arc but...there was no arc. He just got replaced by a different character and if there's going to be a flashback to how that happened it's been put off for quite a while.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I thought it was strain in his drawing hand/arm that he didn't take enough time off to recover from the first time, necessitating a much longer hiatus when it got worse. Nothing life-threatening, thankfully.

edit: I might be confusing this with a different hiatus since the last chapter just said "health reasons."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah if you like wuxia you'll like Gosu.

I especially enjoyed the end of super fast sword guy's arc.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh no I finally got around to reading Yongbi The Invincible (predecessor to Gosu) and then started reading the sequel (confusingly titled "A Side Story") before discovering only the first 26 chapters were ever translated and nobody's touched it in years.

A real pity. I want to see that rear end in a top hat general get his.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I'm Really Not The Demon God's Lackey is the first manhua i've been really impressed by that isn't wuxia.
This is pretty great. It's reminiscent of the funniest parts of Overlord or Shadow Eminence.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 5, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The increasingly inaccurately named God of High School constantly gets more insane and I love it.

The world has ended 3 times at this point.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's weird seeing Breaker in the modern webtoon format

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
God of High School: It was a long time coming but I have to admit "I'm going to...start using my legs." is a worthy payoff. :ssj:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
lmao at Prosecutor just showing up again like nothing happened. I love him.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hero Killer: what was John's gift? I have no idea what she's talking about at the end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It feels like Viral Hit certainly could have ended the first time they took down Jinho Lee but it's not so bad because we're getting a lot more Gyeoul. She's a delightful psycho goblin.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Viral Hit: After Hobin's lengthy infiltration arc this extended joke where Taehun speedruns almost the same thing using overwhelming violence is pretty great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
One even less-often utilized thing webtoon does is allow parts of comics to be animated gifs. Nevermore is the only one I've seen actually do it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Sword: I can reverse time when you die but your brain will melt, so only use it as final resort.
Ihwa: Haha quick save go brrrrrrr

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

i'm tired of the drat blood cults in these korean martial arts stories
Probably too long, but would make a good thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well I really hope whoever was translating Breaker 3 puts it somewhere else.

Oh, I didn't realize it was on webtoon too, though it's months behind.