Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://www.mangareader.net/cavalier-of-the-abyss/67

How bizarre. They are answering all of my questions so clearly in each successive chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gearhead posted:

Which means, knowing this author, we're about to get a massive curve ball. Because the LAST time he did this, in Immortal Regis, everything got overturned within fifteen chapters. (See: the future Nex's Negative Power)

EDIT: Good God, I'm not used to this kind of output.

Yup, looks like you were right. Who the heck is Xix? Assuming that the Nex's bloodline thing is due to is Xix being made into an undead by Siana, who is left to be his mysterious missing parent? I vaguely recall some other serpent clan members from IR, but I thought they were all antagonists who died. Could it be one or more of them?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh no, Shioon is being awesome! We must stop him at all costs!

And then they will stop him, returning Shioon to the crippled kung-fu status quo. Ah well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This was really a lot more interesting than Shioon going berserk while mostly dead. The manwha's already done that a bunch of times without developing his character at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

I just hope the author doesn't go super overboard about it. It's not too much to ask for a Shioon that demands respect and doesn't accept bullshit while at the same time being a selfless individual where his friends are concerned. :gbsmith:

What's the bit about "he really believes he is the Gaju" supposed to mean? Do they just think he actually is a figurehead?

Why wouldn't they think so? Him being the gaju was weird from the start.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The thread is only a year old and it has a good OP. I don't really see the point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It could use a note about the works of Im Dal Young, the legendary King of Misogyny.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The tournament was meant to find the person who could hold/was holding the key. I'm shaky on those details. The blue haired guy is one of the previous major contenders, who has eaten up other people's powers until he became sort of a monster. The guy with the angel wants the blue haired guy to join him with the key. The magician hates the blue haired guy because he murdered his grandson.

In short, the story is sort of a mess. Just enjoy the spectacle, because it is all pretty meaningless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It seems to be missing pages.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Ehh I think Shioon'll be just fine. The doctor really doesn't seem like an enemy, isn't giving off that sort of bad guy vibe.

The doctor is obsessed with what happened to Shioon, but has never before found an actual example. Generally speaking, if someone refers to you as an experimental subject they are not your friend.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I get that but he really isn't being presented as a threat to me. If anything, he reminds me of Elder Kwon. Kind of an abrasive on the outside but I don't think he's interested in like, dissecting Shioon.

He is hunting down the completely healthy Shioon so that he can study him. I can't quite understand how that could be interpreted as a friendly interest. He is one of the main murim elders, and they were the primary antagonists in the first series. They are not nice people at the best of times, and this guy has a vested interest in not being nice to Shioon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

I'm not quite sure what to make of that giant pillar.

Actually, I'm not quite sure what to make of the entire manhwa at this point, but at least it's entertaining.

Jin Mori is apparently Son Goku. Seriously.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lyon posted:

My favorite part was the weird moon base and graffiti on the moon. That picture is great. It almost looks like the giant pole originated from that scaffolding but I'm assuming that was just for perspective so we would know how huge the pole was?

It appears that Jin Mo-ri is/was the leader of the opposition to the "Gods". What I'm confused about is why the little white angel looking dudes turned on the kid who ate the key, I thought those guys were aligned with the main bad guy and I thought said main bad guy was okay with the kid eating the key?

Again, Son Goku. Monkey King (note the guys who look like monkeys and called him their king), rebelled against the gods and lost, has an extending staff and a circlet which serves to restrain him. Journey to the West out of nowhere.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Son Goku is the hero here. He rebelled against heaven, so it stands to reason that in this setting heaven is populated by assholes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The doctor wants Shioon alive. If Shioon lasts until the elders get there, they can retrieve him and he wins even though he will be even more of a bloody mess by then. Otherwise, the doctor would probably incapacitate him and then escape to study Shioon at his leisure.

Of course, considering what massive dicks all of the grand murim elders have been the doctor might very well try to kill everyone there except Shioon and take him anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
On the other hand, most of the strong characters in Veritas were women. Aside from the massive stonking tits, there was excellent gender equality.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Okasvi posted:

I really want to see Leez's reaction when she finally figures out that Yuta is a superior sura. And this arc is going to be a big enough clusterfuck that I can't really see an outcome where that doesn't happen, since the status quo is bound to get wrecked somehow.

The sura thing is nothing. Yuta's brother was the one who wiped out her home town.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I could sort of follow god of high school for a while, but now some woman wearing traditional korean clothes who has never been mentioned before came out of nowhere and started granting wishes?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why the hell couldn't TBNW have consisted of this sort of thing from the start?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh, there is no way in hell that he is going to win this fight. No super mode is going to change this fact. Rather, he is going to continue to lose in his usual deranged way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
C'mon, badass old man fight. I love those in pretty much any medium.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gearhead posted:

Makes sense: How hardcore a dude do you have to be in their line of work to LIVE to be an old man?

It is probably pretty easy unless you live like Shioon, constantly tap dancing in a meat grinder.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
On the basis of those pages alone, I like Tanktop Tiger there way more than the protagonist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The guy being beaten up isn't the protagonist, he's the school brother of the protagonist.

The protagonist is ponytails.

Also for a second I saw Tanktop Tiger and wondered if you'd somehow mistaken this thread for the OnePunchMan thread.

Still holds true. Both of those guys look like douchebags, while the villain is wearing boots shaped like tiger feet that are probably actually tiger feet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/The-God-of-High-School-022?id=89686

Well, I'll be damned. The Son Goku thing didn't come out of nowhere after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Knight run has some interesting ideas and characters, but the writing is lousy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Haha, they are so obviously trying to get him into their clan. It is an assault on multiple levels, what with the sex appeal, gifts, and logical explanations for why he should spend lots of time at their place. Before too long will come the offhand remark about how the really baller skills he sees demonstrated are only for clan members and by the way we have skill books you could use right here. Oh, and as it turns out Sae-Young is looking for a husband, who would naturally be inducted into the clan.

I don't expect it to work, but the situation should be good for some laughs at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I never get tired of Rai being smug.

I hope that the series ends with Rai burping and/or farting and then committing suicide for doing something "not befitting the noblesse."

He only does that when he is angry, and he only gets angry on behalf of other people. Rai doesn't talk down to people otherwise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Special-...029--?id=182565

Mustache.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Using wis as a dump stat is going to come back to bite him in the rear end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Obviously the one to take on the current werewolf lord is the current noblesse lord. Otherwise, there are enough clan leaders to pick up the slack. There is pretty much no way that Raizel isn't gonna burn up his life fighting. It just looks like it may be sooner than we thought.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Kubera (former) is kind of an rear end in a top hat, though. All of this conflict was initiated by him to find the person with his name, but he found her ages ago and hasn't stopped the sura from destroying towns to find Leez. He doesn't seem to bear her ill will or have any particular plans for her, so what the heck was all of this even for?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Maybe the sword itself is sentient. Leez is its rightful owner, and killing the bird dude is what she wants more than anything in the world. It is just being helpful!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Breaky posted:

I still assert that BreakerNW is just a manga about learning respect for your elders.

Your elders loving own.

The original Breaker was partly about how your elders are corrupt, greedy, treacherous pieces of poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

We got two new chapters of Kubera :confused:. In ch. 73 Kubera snaps out of whatever and doesn't remember what she was doing during the last few minutes. That poor kid. And in ch. 74 I hope I got it right that Yuta finally decides what he wants and becomes 3rd stage. Literal character development:black101:

It is interesting to see that the bird guy isn't just utterly indifferent to human life but with good intentions from his perspective. Nope, dude is just an rear end in a top hat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
TAL is pretty dull and uninspired. While it isn't a webtoon, the absolute best manwha is still Shin Angyo Onshi.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Like 90% of the upbeat but dense thing is Kubera faking it. She might have started out that way, but now all she wants out of life is to not be abandoned by the few people she knows who are still alive and to kill the bird jackass. So, she does her solid best to get along with and avoid offending anyone she meets.

I agree that on the surface she is kind of insufferable, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I've only been intermittently reading Knight Run since it was kind of dragging, but I really didn't expect this.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Knight-Run/Ch-074--Pray---Part-072---My-Dearest-Anne?id=187487
Pray spontaneously gave birth to Anne. In a nativity scene no less, in case the symbolism was too subtle for anyone.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kubera/Vol-002-Ch-075--The-One-to-Stand-Before-Me--005-?id=187730

Holy crap. Yuta didn't just get stronger when he matured. He seems to have instantly become smarter and much more resolute, too. He actually changed from a child to an adult, which is an excellent way of showing how different from humans he really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You can probably get by with updating the old one. Some of the stuff in the OP has ended, others have been cancelled, but there really haven't been very many new, good manwha lately aside from the Gamer. Oh, and I guess part 2 of Trace has started.