Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If its scanned by Easy Going Scans and its a webcomic, use their actual site. One of the nice things they do is when you read the newest chapter is opens to the Naver page so the author gets money. Assuming thats how it works at least

Jose fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm kind of hoping he just takes the hit and everyone freaks out and he stands up as usual

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Breaker was always slow as poo poo, there was just enough of it out to be nearing the end of part 1 when everyone started reading

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've caught up with Magician recently and I'm really liking it. I have a question though, did the art style change someway through or is it me? I'm not really sure how to describe it but it seems more like a watercolour style now rather than what it was

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

GOHS 59-66 have gone up the past 2 days. Really glad there aren't long waits between these chapters in particular.

http://www.mangareader.net/the-god-of-high-school/59

EGScans had a moan on their site about it. According to them the group who've started a few of their most popular series are cutting full pages that are hard to translate out or just leaving stuff untranslated. Basically trying to ensure they're first out by any means necessary. This is the only one I actually read though and its definitely lower quality image. Enough that its noticeable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It was always horribly paced. There was just nearly the entire first arc translated before people really got into it. Not that it excuses anything of course

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

101 is also out.

EGscans seem to have massively slowed down recently for whatever reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He was kidnapped, taken to some government island and attacked by people with guns. They can almost certainly poo poo all over any murim protocol for this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The pacing in The Breaker: NW is still awful. Its just instead of all the bullshit its now something we want to see. Its just taking like 5 chapters instead of maybe 2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dickeye posted:

A-Team is releasing it tomorrow with all the pages and without the big Manga Panda watermark. I'll wait.

You mean the A-team that have worse watermarks than any other scan group? Mangacow seem the fastest group for manwha now although its not got all the pages yet

http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/132/2/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm sure I saw some recently but maybe it was their opening page or something. Either way I don't notice a difference between them and Mangacow but I might get lucky and mangacow release old chapters without that lovely watermark

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Something similar to Battle Royale it seems has been released. A bunch of kids get accepted to do the entrance test for a prestigious university but terrorists take over it before they get there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Soylentbits posted:

Spend everything on luck. Win lotto. Get best equipment. Break game.

If we're lucky there'll be a side chapter where this happens

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I just got around to reading Kubera. Can anyone recommend something with a similar kind of scope like Kubera/Tower of God/Magician? If that makes sense.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Most of those regularly talked about in this thread I read. I was after something knew if anyone was reading it I suppose

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Complete down to exactly how many chapters there will be and what every one will be about. She showed a cropped (to avoid spoilers of future storylines) pic of the outline she sent to Navel.

I hope this is auto correct because it will be amazing if so

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://read.egscans.com/Dead_Sorcerers_City/Chapter_086

Don't know if anyone is keeping up with Dead Sorcerer's City but its finally starting to reveal its plot. Also a QR code for anyone capable of reading Korean

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Has there been any info whats going on Naver's english app and if its going to be retarded like Viz's and be US web browser only?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.webtoons.com is the website in case people were wondering, just be prepared for weird scaling. I have no idea how its being paid for with no adverts and no fee

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is anyone translating Kubera up to date or was it dropped for the 100+ chapters out of date naver app?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How does the webtoons site make any money? I've not seen any ads or anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is anyone translating Kubera or Magician anymore or did they drop it for the massively behind webtoons? It'll be like 4 years before either is caught up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The black forest group could still turn out to be nazi's

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Red Storm possibly? A ridiculous martial artist gets randomly sent to another world and trains a local tribe leaders son

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ryuujin posted:

So, other than Veritas kind of, is there anything else like The Breaker/The Breaker New Waves out there? Especially anything like when Shioon goes berserk and just astonishes people?

I've just remembered but Tale of Eun Aran is basically exactly this although more over the top and featuring robots. Its also slow as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's mental and I want him to just use the skill that makes your more mental for power to smash everyone until the next arc starts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nazi's as the villains in Breaker might be a thing still based on the new chapter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Batoto is the only reader site that gives anything of a poo poo as to whats licensed and if they've been asked to remove it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its strange that New Waves is more than twice as long as The Breaker. Was the Breaker released in a monthly magazine before New Waves went weekly online or have they realised they can drag poo poo out forever for more money?

Dead Sorcerer's City should be in any new Manwha thread OP imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whats going on with Magician these days is it off hiatus yet?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It continues to get more ridiculous don't worry

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The veritas people have a new manwha out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is magician still on a break or is nobody translating it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Those have been out for a while which is why I asked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well there was a chapter updated just today here http://www.readmanga.today/magician

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

depends. they've started on a new series and its not coming back until next year at the earliest

its incredibly slow but being able to binge through it solves that problem. its got an unstoppable old man in it though so worth reading for him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

god of high school has made no sense for like 100 chapters now but i'm still enjoying it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think whoever makes GoHS reads toriko and thinks about how they can make it even more ridiculous

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Voted Worst Mom posted:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-276/viewer?title_no=66&episode_no=278

"How dare you send me to china?! I ran all the way here, rear end in a top hat!" - Korean man, after tackling Zeus, god of gods.

i enjoyed the homeless man sticking a grenade in zeus' mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I have a hard time sticking with Korean webtoons.

you should read god of highschool for the absolute insanity of it all imo