Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the people doing it started some other series so its going to be a long time/never most likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shin angyo onshi is a classic. but yeah, most webtoons are really bad.

it helps that SAO isn't a webtoon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i mean most webtoons read terribly because of the format. its a shame i guess but its understandable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

any action series on webtoons people recommend. Only ones i'm reading at the minute are noblesse, gohs, ToG and gamer. Magician once its eventually caught up and kubera when i can read a bunch at once because it moves so slowly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

was it ever explained if there were previous noblesse?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think its only a few chapters away from where the scans stopped for whatever reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

god of high school is completely insane its really good. kubera i like but its so loving slow i need a huge amount available before i read it otherwise it feels like nothing happens

i'd recommend magician which is just about to catch up to where the scans were before webtoons had an english site

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shugojin posted:

If you haven't read Kubera in the past few months now is a good time, fyi

is it finally giving some answers to stuff? I know the scans continued despite webtoons having it so i'm not sure if i'm ahead or not. guess i'll just skip back a while and catch up since i can't really remember anyway

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You should support the official release imo. I still don't understand how they're paid for from my views though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mindblast posted:

If people read your comic, the adds are served to the user through your page. I think that is how it works.

And agreed on making sure she gets the hits. Like the company suggests: do something to get her the clicks. Could be as easy as having the official site open on another tab. Or use the overlay once you get far enough (chapter 92 I think?).

There aren't any ads on the phone app as far as i can tell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I need to catch up but so long as someone says they're posting about kubera and not noblesse or gohs I'll just skip over it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i liked how he casually killed someone by giving it to them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Magician has finally caught up with the scans for anyone who reads it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gosu has been picked up by webtoons so I guess we can wait 2 years for it to catch up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the gamer is real slow but seems like its about to be a whole load of grinding coming up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

frankenstein losing control of his power and killing the entire world will be a fitting end to the series

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Was the dark spear created as a result of ww2 and Frankenstein stole it I can't remember. I wonder if there will be a full Frankenstein flashback

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So I guess its to be expected but gosu is no longer being translated since its got an offical release. now to wait 2 years for those to catch up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i read some webtoon that was about a game? where to clear each level they had to do something brutal? and there was a set time for each brutal act? idk i vaguely remember it and can't find it and don't even remember if it got translated past a few chapters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It just moves painfully slowly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I guess the noblesse guys are hoping to get it finished soonish with how sort of sudden the most recent arc appears to be happening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nah the final villain is crombell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

god of high school is really good rn

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Does everyone just use Line-Webtoons to read these or is there another option for Manhwa? Seems like Webtoons is getting dominated by romcom webcomics etc.

Meraki scans do a bunch that aren't on webtoons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Manhua has all be garbage from what little I tried reading

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that'd be gosu, whose excellent fan translation ended after the terrible official translation started. the official translation eventually became adequate though still not particularly good, thankfully.

i was rereading tower of god from the start of the workshop arc over the last 2 weeks and the translation is mostly ok except bouncing around mazino and majino within the same chapter and then just the odd type. Some panels were blank thoguh lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its still not caught up is it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Noblesse seems to be moving to the final arc then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gosu finally got to part 2 on webtoons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I assume everyone like me has mostly stopped reading kubera until there is a bunch to read but its pretty good rn and i recommend catching up only to not read it for half a year at a really good point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thats fair. The recent chapters kind of explain I guess the point of the overall plot somewhat which i assume had never actually been stated anywhere else

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its pretty clearly "the authority" or whatever the governemnt is called. its so loving slow though i only read it because i need something to read while having a poo poo at work

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol I'd recommend just waiting for it to finish to binge it. Its so brutally slow week to week that I can't read it like that

I don't know if anyone else reads the series by the breaker guys but its possibly nearing its end. Its kind of hard to tell. Its also stuffed full of fan service compared to the breaker

https://mangadex.org/title/18571/trinity-wonder

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm under the impression "murim" is a very general fantasy term for "the secret society of martial artists" in Korean stuff.

It's this. A bunch of series have the murim being a thing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh poo poo. that sucks

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i like kubera but i wish more poo poo was explained in the series. stuff like the difference between primeval gods and regular gods and such which you'll never know without reading the wiki. That and the real difference between cities and planets because thats pretty unclear as well. Are they all tiny planets with a city on them or what

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its been long enough since i read and thought about it i probably just forgot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well that sucks

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Red storm has already been picked up by another group lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I only read tower of god/unordinary/the gamer/god of high school on webtoons these days. What else is worth reading on the action side of things?

I'll give DICE a go