Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
5 chapters are out btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i find it kind of funny how much more effort Naver and the other places put into cracking down on scans than japanese companies. Presumably as these are mostly consumed online

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kubera is ludicrously slow and may be worth waiting until whenever it finishes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm after something not particularly good but with 100+ chapters ideally 130+ I can just sit and smash through when I'm feeling bored and struggling to make a decision. I just read murim login and second Life ranker for examples as well as max level returner and max level newbie. Just something with decent action i can waste a day reading before I start my new job because I'm currently starting and quitting rimworld games but for whatever reason the first 2 series I named didn't have me do that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Like if anything similar to what I said I raid has appeared in the manga4lifr.com top series it's highly likely I read it

I actually quite like regressor or however you want to call it series for whatever reason

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 30, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Webtoons apparently uses freelancers for all of its translations and has no QC which is why it can seem so bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm reading so much bad stuff currently just because it had 50+ chapters on asura scans and i need to read something while making GBS threads at work

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

now i can't pretend any of this is good but villain to kill, super evolution, lazy lord masters the sword, legend of asura, the tutorial is too hard, worthless regression, player who can't level up, solo max level newbie, return of the unrivaled spear knight, doom breaker, jungle juice. mostly regressor stuff rather than straight up iseaki. the constellation that returned from hell is incredibly stupi in a fun way

i have a lot of down time at times while working so basically anything thats not too sleazy and has more than 40-50 chapters i'll give a go. I'm sure there are others that I forgot and a bunch have real released on webtoons. eleceed is quite far ahead on mm-scans. cosmic scans/reaper scans/lluminous scans/leviatan scans all do similar stuff of varying quality too

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 23, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oof course its all a bit let down by this super tech somehow going undiscovered in south korea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm looking through these titles thinking "those sound like some pretty generic manhwa titles" and then got to "jungle juice"

its incredibly stupid but entertaining. i barely remember half of the others in that list i've read they're so generic. doom breaker is pretty cool but its been on hiatus for a while and just had an update to say it'll be next year now because making it weekly is so hard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Not that I've read lookism but a Netflix anime of it just got released

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Solo leveling is getting a sequel/spin off I guess partly to tie in with the fact it has an anime out soon

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Solo-Leveling-chapter-180.html

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I read the live recently and it's a fairly generic ported to a game world series but I like the fact the characters actually talk about their problems rather than things blowing up as a result

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Elite posted:

I’m waiting for a dungeon gate story where the top 0.02% of hunters are wealthy celebrities and everyone else eats poo poo.

I just think the setup lends itself well to a critique of capitalism, where clearing C-tier dungeons is essential, but also basically worthless. The closest thing to this is the Clever Cleaning Life of The Returned Genius Hunter (or some title like that) but hunters themselves are still valued in that, it just adds in a new poo poo job for people to get exploited in so it’s still pretty different.

Also, when the hell is Doom Breaker going to update? Really hoping there isn’t a third hiatus notice in a row.

good news

https://www.asurascans.com/reincarnation-of-the-suicidal-battle-god-chapter-61/

its a bit funky on phones due to the huge amount of ads

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm finding how to live as a villain reasonably funny too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The op of this thread is old enough now to talk about Id which is really the description is perfect. I have no idea if it finished

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've been reading the ember knight which I'm liking a lot despite the fairly sparse art. Reminds me a bit of ares

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how does reading stuff on tapas actually work? Seems like a ton of stuff is locked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there are koreans/korean speakers itt right? how does formal vs informal speech work exactly?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a ton of the trash i read is on break at the minute or just finished so could do with some recommendations. i just caught up to i get stronger the more i eat. Since asura scans put out a truly ludicrous amount of poo poo i read a lot of it on the toilet while at work but most of that is fairly short. Something in the 50-80 chapter range or a lot longer will do. Action oriented mostly I suppose. Ideally stuff on webtoons where possible unless its one of the stupid situations where its months behind unless you pay for a ton of chapters. I pay for a couple to keep fully up to date that don't have any scan group on them but it sucks the situation is so bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Reiche posted:

Hey Jose, do you read SSS-Class Suicide Hunter? Season 3 just dropped today (after a loooong break) on Asura Scans and imo it’s one of the very best out there. The last arc of season 1 was so drat good and emotional.

i did start reading it and noticed the updates today.

I'm really enjoying how successfully the main character of the greatest real estate developer is a huge piece of poo poo in a way that is always fun. Maybe its just the faces though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its very dumb but I'm quite enjoying Heavenly Demon Cultivation Simulation taht flame scans release. Fairly standard murim resurrection story except the MC constantly gets bothered by timed JRPG choices that usually go badly and has a bunch of JRPG effects

doesnt gain xp though

Jose fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 4, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've been reading too much absolute garbage while on the shitter at owrk and can no longer keep track of anything because its all so derivative of each other

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its good they take over the series other teams either drop or stop translating anything

i have no idea whats going on in hero killer now beacuse there are just way too many characters. should really be killing these people off

Jose fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 4, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Having read so much trash while injured that I forget what is what I read a series, probably asura scans but maybe not, that is someone reincarnating into a world with guilds and stuff and he teaches on of the guild masters some lightning skill as he's school friends with the son. The son gets kidnapped by a rival guild who gets destroyed. This isn't the best description but about all I can remember. It's probably on a season break. Anyone know what it was? I don't think it had gates with stuff like a lot of series

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Regular world possibly from the future and it's not player from 10000 years in the future. Might be a murim person isekaing into the real world

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it really is incredible how many series involve climbing a tower and getting levels as you go up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Roxors posted:

So for anyone else reading Weak Hero, The gently caress just happened. I assume he isn't dead, but it feels like a joke to have the main villain get hit by a truck because he decided to demand a fight from the main character in the middle of the highway at night. What a bizarre choice, it feels like a strange cop out.

It's going to keep going as an isekai

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Seems like a bunch of the translating sites are getting cracked down on since they've suddenly started linking to discords instead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the group translating the breaker are now done for good though some of the other sites have come back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the breaker is still being done by the same group I guess purely through discord due to DMCA shenanigans with their website

https://manga4life.com/manga/The-Breaker-3-Eternal-Force

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Limit breaker is a very generic gates open on earth and five powers series but it has some extremely cool and detailed monster designs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

For some reason I very specifically can't get into any of those "gates open up on earth, people form video game guilds for some reason" series.

thast fair. limit breaker gets around the "all of a sudden there are guilds" cos the guy gets trapped in another dimension for years and comes out one punch man style but really its worth reading for the insane monsters. They change the art style and everything and it feels heavily influenced by alien/gygax rather than the generic DnD enemies

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Killer Pietro is a fun, extremely violent series imo. Its basically john wick except the MC is 70 and running a bookshop and his former boss puts a hit out on him despite him even having cancer and in the ensuing flee he regresses to when he was 18 so nobody recognises him and he decides to get revenge. Sure it makes no sense but has good action and is quite funny considering all the murder

In a similar vein I've liked Return of the blood thirsty police which is somewhat similar where an assassin is told he can leave the organisation after a final kill which he does but they finish him off anyway and he resurrects in the body of a cop except he has no social skills whatsoever so his chief takes him under his wing to both take out the organisation and turn him into a real person

both on asura scans obviously

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

only differences really are how likeable the characters are and how good the artwork is. I think i'm more astounded by how many of these are based off web novels or that there is a large enough market in korea to keep them going. i read way too many while making GBS threads because it feels a suitable place for it and even i'm losing track of stuff

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're all poo poo when it comes to paying for content but amazingly webtoons is the least poo poo in that it lets you catch up for free. All of the others want you to pay after you read like 3 chapters or something stupid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

shin angyo onshi is still extremely good though its been years since i last read it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If you like very violent stuff then Killer Peter/Pietro and Return of the bloodthirsty police are both fun. De-age'd assasssin and regressed assassin who becomes a cop. Dumb as hell but good action

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I realise nobody here understands the economics of it but I'd love to know how much any of this makes enough money to work. Is it a simple case of amateur web novel with a good enough idea for a series which takes off and both make money. If it super takes off they might even get an anime and be set for life if the original author kept IP rights. There are tons of studios pumping out work now. Is it just way, way cheaper than say WSJ to toss an idea/keep one going for a bit longer because there is no physical print space to take up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I read the reason naver/webtoons translations could.be a mess was they just used whatever freelancer they could and did no qc