Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I recommend reading Noblesse and of course Tower of God. Nobelesse is like if X-men and DBZ made a baby that was bitten by a vampire.

Noblesse owns bones and can have some really hilarious awkward moments in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Algid posted:

I think it's more likely that Rai interferes because Frank loses control of his powers than that he's significantly weaker than the Elder. Frank is supposed to be about as strong as a clan leader, so at worst they should be pretty evenly matched.
What really cements this manga as Shounen though is the repetitive battle sequences, starting with setting up the weaker players battles and as the baddies get stronger bringing in tier 2: Seira and Regis and then it amps up again as Frank and Rai come in.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
drat Noblesse for ending on a hilarious yet terribly cliched cliffhanger! Noblesse taken hostage! :gasp:

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Serious Frolicking posted:

I can't really say why Noblesse is so good. No one aspect of the art, story or characters stands out.

Its ridiculous over the top humour and stylish silent protagonist?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I had to drop Nobelesse because of the latest fan made Yaio chapter. Regardless that it was a fake not made by the creator..or was it? Not that I have anything against being a homosexual but it became too bishi at that moment.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My bad. This wasn't written by the author.

quote:

Surprise, Surprise !

I bet you didn’t expect that eh? Haha you didn’t expect for sure ^^
We are proud to give you… Noblesse yaoish extra fanart!!!

Now, now I know most men will hate it and most girls will love it but we can’t please everyone!
We hope at a later time and if we find enough material to also make a yuri fanart of Noblesse ^_^

Until then enjoy this awesome chapter that many staff and not only helped into making!

You may also consider it a LATE April's fool joke!
As I read it I thought haha, the above text was a late april fools joke. Now onto the next chapter of Nobelesse. I was reading on my android so I must have skimmed over that the chapter that was to come was the April Fools Joke and not that the author himself was saying he was making yaoi fanfiction for his readers and then declaring that he is only joking. So I was thinking Im about to read the next chapter that isn't actually yaoi and to my surprise after the second page I felt like I've been fooled twice, thats why I became kind of upset, not that I have anything against homosexuality.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can someone explain the Tower of God bit where the detonator was taken away from the girl with the bunny ear's but then she had it in her hand again a few panels later? Also why does she remind me of Rachael and what was up with the 'Teddy Bear' guy. Who offed him and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tiramisu posted:

Baam gave it back to her like an idiot. She probably reminds you of Rachel because she's crazy, and the hand that went through Horyang's torso was from Cassano. He's working with FUG and injured him so they could use him as leverage to blackmail Baam into going along with their plans.

We've also got a Tower of God thread.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Well I'm all caught up with Tower of God now and I am just as interested in it now as I was when reading it before the Baam becoming Viole timeskip. Is it three teams competing against each other at the workshop battle? That's what the last few panels seemed to suggest.