Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Kubera is merely all right but it's been good at building up its character arcs as everyone else has already said. The world lore and mythology is interesting though albeit a bit confusing without some knowledge of Hindu mythology. The plot does move at a glacial pace though so it takes a while for interesting things to actually happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
So I recently caught up on Ruler of the Land and I really enjoyed it. It has very well drawn action scenes, and it uses the wuxia setting which I haven't seen that often. I does have a couple drawbacks though, in that its first few arcs are rather silly and the main character is just randomly using techniques, but then things get really good once the main character starts embracing martial arts and actually starting his journey. The disguised identity love triangle is pretty much dropped around the same time too, so that particular setup doesn't stick around too long. The other big drawback is that the translation is really rough and inconsistent so you're bound to be confused about the names for everything for a while. I'd recommend it to anyone who's a fan of Wuxia stories.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think it may be time for a new thread. This one began in 2012.

Going off only what I know are translated, my suggestions are Breaker (which now belongs in the Webtoon section I guess?), Hive, and Ruler of the Land (written by the guy who does Breaker).

... Wow, my knowledge of manhwa is really lacking. I read more niche manga than I do niche manhwa.

I'm a poo poo Korean. Traitor to my country.

Wow, never occurred to me that Breaker and Ruler of the Land were by the same guy. He writes drat good Wuxia fights though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Should also link to Naver Webtoon since we have an English version of that now, even if some of their comics are behind the fan scanlations. Started reading Cube, I will say it has very well-timed moments when it decides to play music which is pretty cool. Not sure if I'll switch to fan scanlations when I catch up since I do like those particular moments.

I remember the scanlation of Orange Marmalade left a YouTube link for a music chapter, though it wasn't ideal.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
And by Cube, I meant DICE. Dumb brain fart on my part. The scanlations go further than the official release, but I recommend just going to Webtoons just so you get some rad background music from time to time. I won't completely recommend it just yet, but it's interesting from what I've read and the music really did enhance certain moments.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I like it just because Korean webcomics read well off a phone so it's convenient to read on the go. Finally got around to God of High School, and it's pretty rad. Guess I'll switch to another romance or drama now that I'm caught up though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Seriously though, Ruler of the Land is pretty rad. I'd link more iconic moments, but there's almost 400 chapters so finding certain cool fights with decent spreads is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

khy posted:

Anyone here like to read Flow?

i checked the first ~5 pages or so and didn't see any mention of it. It's rather fun although the art doesn't seem quite as good as many other webtoons.

The premise seems interesting - knowing which god you're born to, being ranked by power based on your god, being granted divine power from a wish, and all that being commonplace everyday stuff.

It's all right. I feel like the story could be paced better since it jumps from plot point to plot point very quickly at times without giving it time for world--building/character development.