Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

just caught up with kubera and events were drawn out a ton but its still really good. im surprised at how well the author planned everything out. i guess part 3 should be starting soon so perfect time to catch up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

The Breaker s3 picked up a lot from the slow start! The recent chapters have all been great.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I also like that they gave the new guy a haircut to further distinguish him visually (and he's also getting a pretty distinct personality from "basically a copy of early Shi-woon").

I think the most distinct thing about him is from early Shi-woon is he gets kidnapped more.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

That would be the 2nd wuxia series I'm aware of where the author has multiple stories focusing on different characters across their setting. The other being the writer for Peerless Dad who also wrote Sunyuu the Shadowless, Administrator Kang Jin Lee, Red Storm, and a few others that I don't think have received adaptations. But for his works, because they all take place around the same time there's more overlap in major events, and characters from one story will show up in another for a few of the comic chapters. Red Storm being the exception because it takes place in it's own alternate universe and the only character from the main universe is a side character.

I started Red Storm from this and I'm loving it, gonna check out the authors other series next. Very nice mix of giant battles that end up feeling like Dynasty Warriors sequences in a desert interspersed by political intrigue and xianxia-style cultivation.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the breaker s3 is so good, i think this is my favorite arc of the entire series

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

OP recommendations are still solid, though Yureka & Id were a bit novel at the time there are probably better options nowadays for respective genres.

Here are some random popular ones I like without much tying them together other than good art:

Finished

Peerless Dad - Murim, shares a world with other works by the same author
Solo Leveling - Isekai

Ongoing

Omniscient Reader - Isekai
Chronicles of the Northern Blade - Murim
Eleceed - Superpowered highschoolers
The Breaker - Modern murim. Order goes Breaker->New Waves->Eternal Force

Saoshyant posted:

I was pretty confused by what you were trying to say here, but looking up "Murim" cleared it up:

So, Gosu is a story in that Joseon era, and I just learned a bunch of stuff I had no idea about.

Murim is a popular genre of martial arts story, not necessarily restricted to one time period though most are. There are a lot of shared themes revolving around body strengthening, ki, and warring martial arts sects. They're adjacent to Chinese wuxia stories

gay devil fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 3, 2024

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Yeah they are more in the genre of "gates suddenly open on earth and also there are rpg classes and adventurer guilds for some reason"

Isekai just seems like the easiest shorthand. The planet got hit by the truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

The Dungeons & Artifacts webtoon finished up. Super generic premise but I enjoyed it quite a bit