Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Well, it only took 131 chapters, but I finally understand why I like Id so much.

Because it has stuff like this in it, and it's completely serious. Okay, mostly serious.

vvvvvvv
I have no idea if it means anything at all.

And posted!

Why hello thar Eva Unit-01.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Bremen posted:

New Noblesse

I always loved the understated humor of the series, and this chapter does not disappoint.

Awwww. The end was pretty :unsmith:.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

You mean :black101:VICTORY OR DEATH!:black101:

So awesome.:allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

Well this thread has ensured I won't have a lack of reading for a good while.

The Friendly winter

I went in expecting wacky shenanigans and heartwarming sences because of my friend and I left with depression.

A simple tale about a 17 year old boy who is mentally a 7 year old and a 20 some girl who is physically 7 due to a growth disorder, her father who cannot handle money in any form and the horrors of life that come with all these.

Wow, that was really good. ENDING SPOILERS:I'm so glad that Da-Jeong was able to make up with her mother and find such great friends in Min-Seong, her little half-sister and her former(?) crush from the art school. It's also really great to see her starting a successful business and refusing to let her condition hold her back. :unsmith:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Nondevor posted:

The Gamer Ch. 12

More of a set-up chapter, but I'm excited to see what happens next week.

Ahaha, titles! I have clearly played too many MMOs, but then so has the MC. I hope he has cheevos now, and he starts off hating them because they don't actually do anything, but then hunting them out becomes a minor obsession. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

How can he possibly do that without knowing what to minmax? :spergin:

Tornhelm posted:

He's doing it right. You allocate the minimum stats required to equip your items and then hoard the rest for anything special that might pop up.

Pretty much this. I know your pain gamer dude. Where the gently caress is the respec guy anyway? Why the hell is there no manual? Remember that item description last chapter? Mark my words, the devs are laughing at us right now, fuckin' devs. :argh:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Nondevor posted:

New chapter of The Gamer, in which all the stat allocation discussion is (somewhat) answered.

Those reaction faces at the end were glorious. :allears:

It's a really odd feeling to watch RPG style stats discussed in a real life context.

And yeah, the reaction to the party invite at the end was amazing, I actually burst out laughing. You could tell that he still had just a little doubt about "The Gamer" ability and that shocked him right out of it. I wonder if they can use party chat to communicate telepathically or something? No more cell phone bill! Massive cheating on tests at school! Holy hell, could he just use private messages to do that with anyone he knows the name of? The possibilities are endless. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I think that part of the problem in china is just plain old poverty. While things have been getting better there your average person still would only have very limited access to the free time and resources necessary to make things like comics. I expect to see a lot more in the way of original art and entertainment out of china as more people have the time and resources needed to pursue these sorts of interests.

Part of the reason is also that any chinese person or organization is going to be competing with previously established media groups and creators from outside of china, and that will slacken demand to some extent. Still, people in china are going to want entertainment that comes from their own cultural perspective and once that sort of content is available I expect that there will be plenty of demand for it.