Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

A Returner's Magic Should Be Special anime is out this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started giving Legend of the Northern Blade another chance.
only up to ch20

it is interesting. The characters are larger than life. But the thing I like is that so far, the things that's playing out, and the way scene transitions go, its a lot more movie-like than other korean manwahs.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

This feels weird to say but does anyone have good bullying recommendations? I just found a new one and Unstoppable Hayeong and now I'm wondering what other ones are around because these things are spread across every genre.

So far I've found:
  • Viral Hit
  • UnOrdinary
  • Lookism
  • Study Group and
  • Weak Hero

since you have Viral Hit and Lookism on there, try Manager Kim. Has a similar delinquent bully action vibe, and has some cameos or references from the former two in it.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 23, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started Relife Player
a dime a dozen on these korean webtoon types, but i like the crafty returner kid arcs where everyone underestimates him

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the economy just makes no sense.
like even the lowest level monster stones are equivalent to a middle class worker's salary, but everything else still costs the same.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

an oldie, but i started up seoul station's Necromancer.

totally lost on telling the difference between it and other "I was trapped in a dungeon for x years and came back OP to a now monster filled korea" but the starting arcs are always a good popcorn session

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started watching the live action version of Death's Game

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

read a few chapters of Rescue System, a returner manga where a firefighter goes back in time with a Systems Cheat power and now is able to save those he couldn't before.
neat premise, but the main character acts so stupid in how he goes about it, it just annoys me so much.
like he's drawing up diagrams and plans in the open at work like "fire here" "big fire here" and stuff like that. And with his suspicious luck in finding victims out of nowhere, everyone's gonna think he's the one starting fires or emergencies on purpose, is like be more smart about it!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

you mean the coins things. i don't know what site your talking about, cause there's a lot. That's just the model I guess, assuming its one of the more legit ones that actually sign authors up with permission and give a small cut back to the authors.

i think if you look, there's plenty of hub sites that you can read it all for free though, depending on the title.

check out the Omniscient Reader webnovel if you like the webtoon.
i think the whole thing you can read for free on https://www.lightnovelworld.co/novel/orv-wn-16091308/chapters

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

looking for like martial arts stuff, or regular action, or psychological games? cause its an entire medium of its own with all sorts of subset genres

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think Tower of God is fairly popular, at least season 1 or so

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Solo Leveling is a 'dungeon/gate' anime with the monster gates and dungeon clearing.

But I think Reader's Viewpoint is one, he literally isekai's into the webnovel he read, which also happens to have mission objectives

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Viral Hit is getting an anime this season.
Fairly popular title among delinquent/school fighting series. No idea on the quality, first episode didn't air yet, but I think there were some readers of it in here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Viral Hit ep1 aired today.
Looks pretty good and very accurate, it being a webtoon means that half of the work of the storyboarding is already done, so a lot of the scenes look exactly how you read it. And yea, the bullying at the start is just as infuriating as when reading it.
A lot better than the Lookism anime, which for some reason looked really cheap compared to the art in its relative webtoon.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started reading the Academy's Genius Swordsman.

a regressor korean webtoon. pretty common, but nice that its set in a regular fantasy world instead of korea or an isekai, no stats or rpg skill stat screens.
in the fun beginning parts with the school and stuff, and those arcs are always easy to make entertaining, so I see how long it keeps up.
The MC is a good balance between good guy and practical who kills who he needs to kill.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 13, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

found "The Novel's Extra" webtoon.

one of the few webnovels I read to completion late into the night for over a week. Liked it, even though the ending was rushed as well. Looking forward to how the webtoon will handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea no idea about the pay model. Probably a low pay contract for each episode release, and a % of coins spent on unlocking their chapters or something.
And then if it’s popular enough they get a licensing deal for physical publications and anime.

Most probably have another regular job.