Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
What comic is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Blattdorf posted:

Goddamn, Shioon. You have grown.

New Waves is my favorite manga (manhwa) right now, no joke.

I was hoping he would just be excited to see him.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
This isn't quite the right place to post this as I think it is a Chinese manga but this seemed like the most general manga thread currently going. Everyone who likes martial arts/war/the Chinese Warring Kingdom period should read Kingdom. It is pretty awesome, feels similar in a lot of ways to Ares if you've read it. There is a focus on Shin, a war orphan who dreams of being a great general under the heavens, and on the political situation of the kingdoms (even more specifically the young king of Shin's country).

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I think the black haired kid is just confused by Shioon's motivations. This will obviously end with them being best buds once he realizes Shioon wanted to fight him out of his deep respect for the kid.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. I don't know if anyone is still following Noblesse but we are getting close to the next big battle royale and also, that last panel with Karias (had to Google his actual name) standing on Yuri's head was priceless..

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Reiche posted:

Yeah, he even had the Claymore "eyes half-open and completely nonchalant" act going too. They had no chance against him.

The translation seems kind of lovely, but I assume that Goomoonryong was telling his soldiers that they were all going to die if they attacked the head of the Murim? I forget his name but he is Three-Arts Dragon and the claim was the only reason he didn't claim more of the titles was out of propriety/respect. Seems like Goomoonryong doesn't care about his comrades all that much.

Also man the conclusion to this is seemingly going to be a rush, we haven't seen any progress on the tease of Shi-Ho recovering in the bacta tank (Star Wars reference) and I can't quite figure out how the relationship between Shioon and Goomoonryong will turn out. Whether they end up reuniting or as enemies,...I hope reuniting and destroying everyone with the Sun-Woo but who knows.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse, I freaking love Frankenstein. Did the 5th elder say that the Lord of the werewolves is one of the top two in the Union? I wonder who the other top elder is, maybe just a human but somehow I doubt it... probably something ridiculous like the anti-Noblesse who is even more secret than the Noblesse.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. The ending to this one actually made me laugh out loud.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

korrandark posted:

Noblesse 307 out

Welp it was nice knowing you Ignes. :black101:

When they switched from Frankenstein to Ignes at first I was kind of annoyed... but the whole sequence from when the droplet of water falls to the end was ridiculous. I love when Rai gets super pissed and just obliterates entire sections of the terrain because someone has harmed the kids. It was also kind of creepy when Rael, Regis, and Sera responded to the bloodfield and looked like zombies. I guess Rai's strength will last as long it needs to for the plot with him dying at the end.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

RatHat posted:

Is it supposed to be implied Rai came in through the drain somehow?

I think rather his speed. Ignes left the room, the water dripped, and she came back (so it was a very very short time absent from the room) and there is Rai. Similar to when he shows up in these next few pages http://www.mangareader.net/noblesse/132/21.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Exactly, and that's why it's always so great on the occasions he does get smug.

Rai is kind of like Alucard (power wise anyway, personalities are a bit different) and when either goes all out is always fantastic. I like that we're finally learning a bit about the motivations of the traitors. Seems like Rai was going to have to annihilate Ignes in the way back which was at least Roctis's motivation. I'm very curious to learn more about the Nobles' history particularly around the Noblesse. Is Rai the original? Is that why he doesn't have a soul weapon? Rai seems to view it as his job to judge all "beings of power" which would include werewolves. He did seem to know a lot about them when he has healed M21 and has also been the catalyst for M21's werewolf powers.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I just found this the other day, it is fairly interesting. Follows a rebel group in a fantasy type setting. Silly, with decent action, and a bit of mystery. http://www.mangareader.net/son-yeon-jeon-limit/

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. Those blood wings will always be bad rear end, though I'm not sure this scene can top when Rai took down the two clan leaders at the same time.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
So the raw of Noblesse 310 is out and concludes Rai's battle.

I'll update this once the translation is out too.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I'm on my phone so I am not posting the link but new Noblesse and poo poo just got even more wild.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I've gotta believe Rai will survive until the final climax. This could theoretically be it but I would be surprised. We have 5 Union Elders left: 1 (???), 2 (current werewolf lord), 3 (???), 5 (werewolf chick), 13 (Crombell) and then Muzaka and Ignes for other relevant characters I suppose.

I could see the werewolves leaving the union and becoming neutral with this Muzaka reveal, I like the werewolf chick so I hope she doesn't die. I'm very curious about the first and third elders, seems like they should be human but I don't like the idea of them being more powerful than the nobles/werewolves/frankenstein.

Edit: There were six total traitors, the three who are dead and then that old decrepit looking guy from the flashbacks. Did they show the other two traitors? I guess they would probably be 1 and 3. So much for being a human organization, highest rated human was the 8th elder who was more of a robot.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 7, 2014

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

No, it's all her right now. Killing Maruna as revenge for the destruction of her village has been Leez' primary motivation since the beginning of the strip. She has a God-level item that mimics many of God Kubera's powers. She seems to in some sense also "be" Kubera due to God Kubera's loss of his name and place in the universe due to whatever he did to Ananta. And according to Agni, a God's name is an integral part of its being, inseparable from their mind, identity, and power.

The Sword of Re was made by Kali to gently caress-up Shiva, but it didn't work out so she literally tossed it away.

I think she is currently possessed, her personality is wildly different and seems to be an "older" entity by the way it is talking. Leez is not that confident/knowledgeable/cocky.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker: New Waves 145 is out early. Sunwoo Elder continues to be the most badass loving dude alive.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

Also a lot of the plot comes from people refusing to talk to each other. I can think of like... seven or eight major plotlines that could have been avoided if people knew how to talk to one another. Everyone in it besides Ran are autistic as gently caress when it comes to interacting with each other.

Even Ran caused a big issue when he refused to tell one of the characters that a spell cast on her was meant to kill her, because he was afraid of her being scared. Which lead to her running away until her time limit was nearly up, and barely surviving.

I mean some of the characters are neat and interesting, but the plot is horrible.

I keep reading for the future teases they show of Leez, because the reason she stopped aging wasn't due to her imminent death but because she came into the power of her name and was essentially one of the gods, or whatever. Those future teases are just so cool, she seems so bitter in the future but like she is more powerful than all the other characters and about to wreck some people.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

I don't know how relevant it is, but in Hindu mythology, Ananta is an incarnation of Vishnu, whose name means "The Eternal Lord." And his death pissed off the Primordial Gods.

The Sura aren't just after Leez. They're after anything that links God Kubera to the world, which is why they went after his god-level items in the Temple of Earth in the most recent attack. I think that they're trying to help push the name Kubera out of existence. Why God Kubera helped them I have no idea, but it might be that he agreed to certain terms when entering the conflict over his name. Asha has some stake in the conflict as well, evidently with different goals than either the Sura or God Kubera. It's just speculation, but I think God Kubera may be her father.

That... makes a lot of sense.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

FiftySeven posted:

drat! poo poo is about to go down! I am so glad this is off break now.

Rai is too hurt to fight and we've seen Frankenstein's shtick a lot so let's bring in the next dues ex machina! Not going to lie though I'm super excited to see the lord cut loose. If the story was delving into the characters more instead of the action I'd say this would be a romance subplot for the lord and raijak or whatever this dude's name is again.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 322. Focuses on the small fry but the final panel is pretty cool.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse... obviously we are supposed to think the Lord is here to fight Rai but that makes no sense. She is either going to heal him in someway or maybe marry him? Or it could be both. These are my two wild guesses.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 325. Welp, I guess the bad guys are super screwed now.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker is out, on my phone or i would post the chapter. Can't wait for elder Kwon to murder the guy from chundomoon or whatever they're called.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker 166. Elder Kwon continues to be the most bad rear end person in existence and that final panel is pretty cool too.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

We already saw her grab a guy's hand and set him on fire via her energy, so yeah.

She loves Shioon (along with every other female character) so she will very quickly be brought back to the good side if that scene is even acknowledged. I almost think the author didn't know where he was going with some of this earlier because some of the previous scenes kind of make no sense. Nine Arts Dragon's amnesia kind of came out of the blue too. There was also the scene where NAD's (heh) girlfriend was in a medical tank of some sort and the guy who was in love with her in the breaker (the one who helped fix/save Shioon from the mad scientist in New Waves) was trying to bring her back. Lots of dangling threads that aren't really tied together yet.

Edit: I'm not saying the amnesia doesn't make sense based on NAD getting all screwed up by the black heaven and earth technique or whatever it was called, just that a couple of chapters ago was the first time it came up as far as I can tell. There weren't any hints that I picked up on, just seemed like he had turned into a dick.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 13, 2014

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

I read caught up with Dice yesterday. It's pretty interesting. I'm really hoping that there doesn't end up being some overarching "Eunju was right and they shouldn't have used Dice to change themselves" message, since I kind of agree with the characters who call her out on already being pretty/talented (even though she probably has some sort of tragic backstory with the scar, she's unquestionably benefited otherwise). I mean, we've even seen the main character's life objectively improve.

I just caught up today and I think the dice by themselves would be fine but X/quests/human nature turn the dice into a downward spiral of horribleness/destruction. Is the school/local society better off with the discovery of the dice? Not that it was great before by any means (bullying is terrible) but the number of deaths, serious injuries, attacks, fights, etc have all dramatically increased. None of the dicers are really able to friends with another dicer.

I kind of figure that X has set it up this way on purpose because Dongtae (for instance) is a nice person and probably would have lost his desire to keep chasing dice if not for the advent of "bad" dicers who he has to oppose. Now his desire will be to be strong enough to protect his love interest/friends/school/whatever so X can continue to pit him against other dicers ultimately leading to whatever X's goal is.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Oh, the dice are definitely having a negative impact on the school/community as a whole and X certainly doesn't have good intentions. I would just disagree with a message that using the dice is inherently wrong and that Dongtae was wrong to use them.

Yeah I would agree with you, ultimately though it might end up that everyone would have been better off as a whole if the dice had never been introduced. Dice is basically The Gamer but with a sadistic GM/world and where the ability can be spread.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Punc posted:

Not sure who is still following Noblesse, but Chapter 349 is out.
In which Regis prepares himself to gently caress poo poo up :getin:

Yeah still reading, was pretty excited by this scene. I'm guessing Muzaka and Rei still show up and Muzaka stomps the poo poo out of at least one of these modified werewolves. Hopefully while being totally condescending and smug to them or something.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker seems to be heading towards its conclusion. The opening to the next chapter better be mask guy absolutely wrecked.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
That had to be one of the most brutal deaths in all of The Breaker, or at least the artwork.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Epilogue to Breaker: New Waves is up, here.

I hope this doesn't just end like Veritas did and they actually return to it and finish the story. The true gaju of the Sunwoo clan has clearly gone down a dark path being held by the Black Forest Defense group but still clearly cares about Shioon, the kid from Chundo-moon is going to find out about Black Forest Defense at some point, and obviously with Shiho waking up it will have a major impact on the Nine Arts Dragon.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 356 is out and post break continues to start strong. I'm glad they didn't have Rai and Muzaka fight, I hope they avoid that for quite some time. Funny how Muzaka stopped Rai only to kill the werewolves himself, though I'm guessing he'll let the other one go so he can report to Maduk. The final few pages were awesome.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

CC is kind of nice in that the protagonist isn't a horrible monster. Plus, he can occasionally fight someone without them turning out to be a doublehitler.

If you guys like CC there is also Battle Through The Heavens which is fairly similar and worth checking out.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I just randomly happened across a manhwa called 4 Cut Hero which I find pretty hysterical. It probably falls under ecchi/harem but in a pretty nonsensical/silly way.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse is about to get fun again if anyone hasn't been keeping up.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

jwang posted:

Gosu is great because it reads like a Jin Yong novel's aftermath, where the MC tries to live in peace but people keep bothering with his territory/people. Naturally, being a Jin Yong MC, this means he's the baddest dude around, and anyone that bothers him gets their poo poo kicked in. There's some other people who can possibly match the MC, but they generally keep out of each other's way.

Had never heard of this but just went through the whole thing. Reminds me a lot of Kenshin, this most recent arc feels like when Saito went a provoked Kenshin to see if he would be able to help fight Shishio.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

I thought he already unsealed the seal once or twice in the past (and I want to say that one time might have been against some sub-family leader level dude though I could be wrong about that).

Frankenstein's seal has definitely been released in the past, however, Frankenstein is basically a (slightly) less sadistic Alucard which means I will never get tired of the shtick. Honestly, same thing for Rai's ridiculous blood transformations and bleeding eyes. Rai will most likely eventually die but he will always be as strong as the plot requires and get to generate blood vortexes that shake the world/can be seen from space.

I think I'm most excited for Muzaka this time though, it will be nice to have a change of pace.

Edit: Also yeah that translation is terrible and seems like the artwork in the last few panels was unfinished. It might have been trying to show Frankenstein's crazy better but the last couple of pages just looked off to me.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Excited for the Lord to join the Rai's Knights or whatever RK stands for haha.