Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Musashi not only wields a sword but also a pair of pistols.

Mo_Steel posted:

Breaker: New Waves 71 is out and this chapter really has me hoping that our lovable protagonist finds a way to harness some goddamn ki because if he has to keep getting his rear end saved for the rest of this manga every time his naivete rears it's head I'm going to be disappointed. I'm ready for the protagonist force of will shonen power of friendship and justice gear up already, I've been ready since the fight in the gym when he managed to hold off the swordsman with willpower and I've got less interest in seeing him tortured and abused yet again and more interest in seeing some righteous rear end-kicking coming from someone besides Jini's grandfather already. Not that I wouldn't welcome more of that too, but seriously let's go already.

I love Breaker, but drat, it is painful to read when you're expecting BURNING COMEBACK. That's also nothing new.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I can't really say why Noblesse is so good. No one aspect of the art, story or characters stands out.

And yeah, Noblesse owns. It really needs to go back to its little gags involving Rai at the end, because those were charming as hell and probably part of the reason why I've stuck with it so long. Honestly, its "subtle" humor is what made it sound out for me, and I hope it goes back to injecting that. The latest actiony stuff is somewhat entertaining but the humor with the characters (namely Rai) is what had kept me coming back before. I'm just mostly still on board because I've read so many drat chapters at this point.

Sindai posted:

Man I don't even know what is going on in God of High School any more. I miss when it was just about how tae kwon do is the best martial art in the world.

Agreed, I'm not sure why I'm still reading it, I'm not sure what's going on anymore. :psyduck:

Sled fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU