Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Of course, Dinosaurs don't have larynx and he is a totally genetic experiment,

He is very clearly a real dinosaur who travelled through time using crystals and his superior Jurassic intellect, you ignorant warm-blooded philistine. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hyperactive you and your team do amazing work, but I must ask that you more forcefully whip whomever makes the Dr. Dinosaur's True Dinosaur Facts because I need more of them in my life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hyperactive posted:

Hey. Life is short. Find something you can tolerate ASAP!

My favorite thing about Warbot is the final storyline we have planned for it. I have no idea if we'll ever have a chance to work on it, which is probably a good thing, because it honestly makes the rest of it look like a pleasant walk in the park.

Now I really want to see it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Hey, if those laws worked, we couldn't have violated them: make better laws next time.

"Might as well not make any laws at all, says physicists".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey, Hyper, has the comic ever gone into the extent that Robo experiences tactile sensations? I know he's reacted to pain and possibly to extreme temperatures, but I can't remember if he's ever mentioned if something felt smooth or rough before.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Forgotten Nazi Superweapon will never not be the best dues ex machina. :allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hyperactive posted:

Agreed. We've got a couple more stories revolving around them planned. One of them is the "origin" of Longinus insofar as it's when Robo first learns it's up there.

I can't wait. And for what it's worth, kudos for how you handle these things. It's really easy for it to feel really cheap and disappointing for a story like this to bring about the big, insurmountable problem and then have a character say, "Don't worry, it just so happens I have/know of [thing to solve this problem]". But I can't think of any time where it's felt like that in Atomic Robo. So really, great job on making me say, "Hell yeah, space-Nazi adventure!" instead of, "Oh, well that was convenient, I guess?" .

(Tangentially related: same thing with Dr. Dinosaur. I could very easily see that character being the kind of "lolrandom PeNgUiNoFdOoM XD" type character I loathe, but instead he's far and away my favorite character behind Robo himself.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I read it serially back in the day. Then stopped at some point because I had become "too cool" for it. So today I decided to start round January of '05 and finally finish the comic. It's good so far!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Redeye Flight posted:

Yes, but semi trucks. Meaning that if your comic isn't being delivered en masse it's much, much less likely to get the time of day.

You can have more than one title to a truck.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BooDoug187 posted:

If Robo was in the Pacific during WW2 he may have dealt with the large nasty bugs on some of those islands. Maybe had some nest inside him and freaked him the hell out!

In a DnD campaign I once played a Warforged (magical robot) that had an infant monstrous centipede as a pet that he let nest in his chest cavity. Once my Warforged got grappled and the centipede saved him by lashing out and injecting his attacker with venom. Later he used it as a mount. It ruled.

In short, Robo needs to learn how awesome having hidden attack bugs inside him is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are the speech bubbles pointing to the correct people on page 3, panel 2? It looks like Robo is speaking the white speech bubbles and the mystery gunner the blue.

• Locked thread