Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Robo's current body makes me think of the Jameson types from GitS.

Curious if that was a homage or if both shows are basing the design off some real-world robot I'm not familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's not exactly "downtime", but Robo has been shown to do some Tesladyne-related-but-really-brain-or-brawn-work stuff in the modern day, like judging that science fair, or giving interviews and such, if you're looking for excuses in your game for why he's not around.

edit: Unrelated, but I flipped over to Comixology to go look at that 90s comic book story, and they're having a half-off Atomic Robo sale right now, through Sunday night.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 6, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Seems like they have some options here to circumvent the whole 'science can't do this yet' problem:

A) Hi-jack BSI/Majestic's reactor tech. Their new Osiris reactors are the best money can buy, minus the technical know-how that conveniently is present right now with Robo. They knock down one of those Titans, they can probably cobble together something Robo can use.

B) Salvage something from one of Robo's adventures. Robo has fought a lot of things that needed power sources. Edison's robot. Helsingard. Those Russian robots. Now, most of those blew up. But presumably a few could be salvageable, and could contain super-science secrets to utilize. (Ignoring the fact that putting Helsingard tech in Robo would probably be a terrible idea)

C) Crystals.

I'm guessing it's going to be (A), but I would laugh pretty hard at (C), as you guys said.

Hyperactive, how hard is going to be to put the TeslaTech genie back in the box? When Robo was running TeslaDyne, he apparently guarded that knowledge and made sure it wasn't used for large-scale weapons or anything. But since all his labs have been seized, did his replacements hoard that knowledge for themselves (to stay above their competitors) or sell it out to everyone?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 29, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

That was my presumption. His head could be run on a car battery alone. That's only 12v DC. Maybe 16v if they're using one of those big van batteries.

Power consumption on his body is an easy explanation why he doesn't get a Robo-Cop 3 -style built-in rocket pack or something when redesigned. Or built-in Tesla-Guns.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Okay, that's a good one. I completely forgot Tesla's original gimmick was wireless power.

Hopefully he builds a backup into his permanent body, though, or someone will eventually take down China's power grid just to immobilize him in the middle of a fight.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If they can project power into Robo, could they theoretically project the same power (perhaps requiring a small receiver of some kind) into the insides of the monster? I have prepared a demonstration of what would happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRT1f5luywU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder if the Island biomega has small-scale defenses. Could they Armageddon this?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Odds seem high that the eventual solution will be to drop the whole station on that thing.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

How is Robo talking? No air means no medium to have sound waves.

(I'm just nitpicking out of love)

I don't think Atomic Robo has ever used thought bubbles, have they? Robo just talks to himself a lot. Usually it's out loud, but here I assumed he's 'talking' (either to himself or his crew) with radio or the superscience equivalent.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hilariously, usually people use jagged edges to the speech bubble to indicate it's a radio transmission (as if the sound is a little choppy), but that can't be used in AR because Robo always has jagged edges. Because his voice is mechanically produced.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Odds seem high that the eventual solution will be to drop the whole station on that thing.

Odds of this: rising.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

gently caress. I don't have any idea how a Japanese tank could conceivably keep up with a motorcycle that is even remotely capable of moving under its own power.

These aren't real tanks, these are japanese tanks in a universe where, a short number of years later, they'll have giant fighting robots.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think something went wrong with image compression today. Dialogue is perfectly sharp, but everything else looks like it was saved as a lossy jpeg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lol.

Even better, this Robo story is set in 1938, which is the year that comic came out.

• Locked thread