Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

No idea why we don't sell more copies of the monthly issues.

Possibly because the trades are better in terms of physical media and the online issues are cheaper (Although if you intended that to be a sarcastic statement at the expense of your force feeding people the comic then it was funny). Since losing my job I wait for the trades.

But honestly Atomic Robo is one of the best comics out there. I have never read an issue that disappoints and the series is so fun, which other comics often forget in their quest for seriousness and continuity (even though Robo has both of those things).

Any chance of a Dr. Dinosaur mini-series? I suppose having him carry multiple issues in a serial story could be tricky, but I think he's awesome.

EDIT: Also have you looked into licensing the characters for Heroclix? Because that would be pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Hyperactive posted:

Thanks!

Close. Dr. Dinosaur will be the primary villain of Volume 8: Atomic Robo and the Savage Sword of Dr. Dinosaur. I just finished writing the fourth script of five and, yeah, it's hard as hell to work with him in an extended capacity.

Awesome.

Hyperactive posted:

I don't think we'll ever do a straight up Dr. Dinosaur mini-series though. He's best used in small doses. It keeps you guys wanting more, so it's always great when he shows up. We don't want to take that away from you.

Hell, we'll probably skip him in FCBD 2013 just because it'll come out shortly after Vol 8 wraps up.

Figured as much.

Hyperactive posted:

We have not! But that'd be pretty cool.

I suppose what with Atomic Robo not being as well known as other properties (and no where near as well known as it should be) they might consider it too much of a risk vs reward.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Hyperactive posted:

The PDFs will have everything that's in the hardcovers. They are literally the print files but with RGB instead of CMYK and a slightly lower res because you really don't need these pages at 600dpi.

If this is the case i'll be ordering the PDFs when the remind me e-mail gets sent. I'd love to order the hcs but the price of shipping it all to the UK is more than the price of the books.

If you do a Kickstarter for omnibus volumes would you consider doing them one at a time? Love me some big fat comic books.

• Locked thread