Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So I went to the mall today to visit the grand-opening of the new LEGO store. The lines wrapped around the corner, so I said "screw this, I'll go to the comic shop instead." And I drove over there and what did I see?

That's right, the #12 issue of the new Archie comics Megaman series.

But THEN I saw the Atomic Robo collection #2, so I bought that instead. My only regret is that it was the only copy in the store and I deprived some other poor soul of it. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I take it Jenkins is to Atomic Robo what Chuck Norris is to Real Life (sort of).

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

gogisha posted:

Also sorry for the fanboyish nature of this, but have you ever said what Robo's supposed to sound like? Based on his text boxes I imagine something metalic, but that's about as far as I get.

I tend to imagine Robo sounds like The Big Guy from the 90's cartoon series.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Picked up Atomic Robo volumes 4, 5, and 6 yesterday. I am enjoying Dr. Dinosaur a ton.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Hey Hyperactive, I just finished Volume 6 (which I couldn't put down until I read it front to back, no joke), and I wanted to confirm something: Robo picks up a different sidearm in the volume part way through. Was this handgun based on the 2" barrel Chiappa Rhino?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Hyperactive posted:

None planned, sorry.

I would kill for an Atomic Robo action figure... :(

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

What if I wanted one with Kung-Fu grip and a button that makes Robo say "I just used my violence on them" or "Oh applesauce?"

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Well then they'd have to make a Dr Dinosaur one with a button that makes him scream "CRYSTALS!!"

And a Tesla Labs playset, naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Lol.

Even better, this Robo story is set in 1938, which is the year that comic came out.

Remind me again why Superman is smashing a car?

• Locked thread