Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I was really worried from the first two volumes that I was getting a watery version of hellboy. Near-invulnerable wizecracking weirdness-weary protagonist fistfights nazis, then a nazi brain in a jar, then the ghost of rasputin (which had to be a direct homage, right?) then coming next: cthulhu horrors? I know I'm not just cherry picking similarities, hellboy must have been a big influence on the whole style and feel of the early volumes.

However from shadow from beyond time onwards it's really become its own thing, robo in particular getting fleshed out. Extremely enjoyable and unusually funny for a print comic. I'm especially loving all the semi-realistic science dialogue. "It couldn't have worked that way, it wasn't a xenon laser", "So why did it work?", "Good question, work up a treatment and we'll get you a lab to find out". Someone involved here must have worked in research before.

How often are these released digitally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Hyperactive posted:

No one believes this, but: nope.

That is loving incredible. So even the ghost of rasputin thing was total coincidence? Welp!

quote:

Volume 3 was specifically engineered to be the Little Mac uppercut to the Hellboy comparison and by and large it worked.

I'm pretty stoked that that was intentional, because it was a very powerfully successful move. I might have stopped reading except that there was this tremendous sense of turning into something unique and great.

Meanwhile I just looked up the team robo promise, and I love what you people are doing a whole lot:

quote:

No angst
No “cheesecake”
No reboots
No filler
No delays

"No everything that is wrong with modern comic books"

So anyway, who is it that is literally a research scientist or knows one extremely well? Where do you get the ridiculously realistic and hilarious flavour of genuine science?

• Locked thread