Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I regret to say that I have been lapsing in my regular Robo purchasing habits lately but will attempt to pick them back up post haste. Moving to cities without any dedicated comics stores will do that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Surely if anyone's going to have kung-fu grip it's Jenkins.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

No, upon opening the box, the Jenkins figure rips your goddamn head off.
Collector's Item then, is it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

The webcomic is the new issue and it’s free.
Okay, that I did not expect. :stare: I automatically assumed it would be some sort of paysite although now that I think of it, not sure how I assumed that would work. This is amazing news, getting issues here in Europeland was always a bit of a pain.

Actually! Back in the 8BT days you asked me to do a little bit of translation for Vol. 2 - if you're uploading the old issues now, any chance of (or need for) fixing a very inconsequential gaff that's staring me in the face now every time I read it? :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's in issue 3, page 2 - that Laufpanzer guy probably shouldn't be calling Skorzeny "Oberst." The real Skorzeny was Hauptsturmführer at that point in time, the comic version is Sturmbannführer according to his insignia; either one is what they'd address him as, I think. Hope you can change the speech balloon! :v:

(The modern, shorter equivalents would be Hauptmann and Major, in case you can't. Neither is historically correct but it's a great deal better than a rank four steps above.)

he said, :spergin:ly

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

FATAL: anal circumference is a part of your character
FATE: anal circumference is a part of your character if you want to

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wish there was some "go to last read page" function on the site for when I inevitably forget to check for a few days (though you may well argue, what would I go and do a thing like that for).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hyperactive posted:

P.S. added chapter breaks to the prologue(s) so hopefully that helps the readability a little.
Which is entirely not a scheme to get us all to read it again for

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm slowly starting to realize that we're not in an alternate timeline where Tesla never built Robo but his head is stored, but that it's the same history and there's just always been Robo's head from the future in storage.

Not quite sure how I got the idea, in retrospect, but it's made reading the past few pages a little weird.

also isn't this the plot of a Star Trek: TNG episode?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I have a tiny point of criticism, which is that I think it would have been funnier if Foley hadn't pointed out the "hello" thing and instead they just found the box on the shelf and when we see it, it's upside down.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It just occurred to me that 130 years is one heck of a long time to keep unpowered electronics in a wooden crate, with uncontrolled climate for at least a few decades of that, and expect them to still work fine and all information to be intact.

giant :ohdear:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Depends on what they're stored on, really. Normally I wouldn't fancy his chances much but it's not like there's any real reference for a storage time of 1 1/3 decades except maybe "phonograph cylinders still work if you're very lucky".

But then those are Edison's tech.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm sure there's some Javascript trickery that says otherwise.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not saying I have a list, but if you could somehow pull off Alien vs. Predator vs. Asterix...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like we've been here before :allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hyperactive posted:

so it's not nearly as game breaking to be invincible as it would be in, say, any iteration of D&D
On the other hand, I'm reading that analysis (is it still an analysis coming from the writer himself?) and I'm thinking, that's precisely a 4E fighter, or really any defender, both in terms of how they work mechanically and how they should integrate with the rest of the group.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Maybe Robo will come out of this with a newfound understanding of what it's like being a brilliant mind in a body that doesn't work and finally mend things with Stephen Hawking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One of the finest pieces of dialogue in comics.

• Locked thread