Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I finally got around to reading the Real Science Adventures TBP and Oh My God this Bruce Lee story is everything I read robot comics for, thank you.

Also, woah, TF2? That... fits into Robo's world really well now that I think of it. Awesome.

There weren't enough hats in that TF2 short. There also aren't enough robo themed hats in TF2.

Which gets me to thinking. What is it like to have a bunch of liscences floating out there? How many agreements do you have, and what degree of control do you maintain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Covok posted:

Odd thought, but I remember once that Atomic Robo told Dr. Dinosaur to downplay the raptor angle because he is based on a fictitious depiction of velociraptor. While that may be true, ignoring the lack of feathers, he does look like the Utahraptor, if you go by the holotype specimen. He also bears a lot of similarities with deinonychus. Of course, Dinosaurs don't have larynx and he is a totally genetic experiment, but just felt like mentioning since I like dinosaurs. Don't know if anyone ever brought that up.

The maniraptors didn't have a larynx, but I'd be a little surprised if they didn't have a syrinx, which is the bird equivalent of that organ. It can do a serviceable job at replicating human speech, although it isn't evolved to be able to replicate the volumes a mammal can. That doesn't mean a syrinx can't make very loud noises, it just can't make very loud human speech noises. So, actually, Dr. Dinosaur's weird speech bubbles make a lot of scientific sense, since he'd be using organs not quite designed to make those particular noises. They're about the only part of the good Doctor that makes any sense at all.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So you're admitting he wasssss once a man?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Seriously, if the foil cover doesn't come with a ton of pouches and faces with WAY too many lines on them, what's the point of having a foil cover?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Are we getting a pacific rim plot? Please say we're getting a pacific rim plot.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

It's entirely fair to describe The Ring of Fire as the Jason Bourne vs Pacific Rim crossover fanfic you never knew you needed.

Gonna have to disagree with you on not knowing I needed that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Here is a non-exhaustive list of other story amalgams I know I want:

Pacific Rim/Law and Order
Pacific Rim/ Mountains of Madness
Pacific Rim/Steel Magnolias
CSI:New York/Innsmouth
Citizen Cane/Homestar Runner
Gordon Gekko/Sesame Street
Neon Genesis Evanwhatever/Battletech

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

So, Strong Bad having a raps battle with a white dude from Virginia?

(:ssh: The movie is Citizen Kane)

Don't tell me, tell that to the android OS.

Gunjin posted:

Ahh yes, the mean streets of Fredericksburg, home to a bunch of colonial reenactment tour sites that VA school children are ferried through every year of grade school, civil war battlefields, and a million lovely antique stores for old folks to paw through to find the best tacky nick-knacks for their colonial brick homes.

All in search for the long lost Aunt Gert.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

If you want it that badly I'll give it to ya:

HR: 'Wosebwud'
SB: 'What the crap, it's just a sled.'

That'll be $50.

That is, verbatim, a quote directly from my mind as I typed that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Got our omnibus comps today. Dang. IDW printed the hell out of this thing, didn't they.

Ask IDW about ROM for me.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Robo superior. ROM inferior.

Aw HELL no.

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, reprints ain't happening.

I don't need reprints, I have had the entire original run for decades. ROM#1 was the very first comic book my father read to me as a child.

edit: Want to mess a kid up? Show a 4 year old a comic where a dog gets machinegunned down for no reason.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 13, 2015

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well their new series has next to no chance of having the heart of the old since they can't use anything from the old series at all. I am not hopeful.

Neither am I :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
We've already had WWIII. We're looking at IV or V at this point.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
This arc was never about Giant Robots punching Giant Monsters, was it? It was always about space nazis! Admit it!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So.. Dr. Dinosaur is Edgar Sparingly?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DigitalRaven posted:

Better than Uncle Micky.

You are a degenerate and belong in a human occupied landfill.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Fun fact: I would test RPG systems by seeing how closely they could model Atomic Robo as a character. HoL was the first one to produce an acceptable version. I never found another until the Fate iteration of Kerberos Club.

And that's why the Robo RPG is a Fate Core product.

Well then, I have to know what Robo's Nuts score is.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's not really Germans. It's Venusians pretending to be Germans!

There is one thing that is bothering me, though. Why is there so much weathering and rust on something that has been in a vaccuum for the past 70 years?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So, uh, in the Atomic Robot universe, what with his company being called Tesladyne, who is the premiere manufacturer of high end electric automobiles, and are they also involved in spaceflight and pneumatic mass transportation?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You should read 8 bit theater from start to finish. It has an 8 year brick joke.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
High velocity dust can scratch glass lenses, and Robo doesn't have a living cornea that can heal itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Polaron posted:

Based on what I know about Japanese tanks from that time period, this latest comic seems 100% accurate.

Maybe that motorcycle has...

um.

gently caress. I don't have any idea how a Japanese tank could conceivably keep up with a motorcycle that is even remotely capable of moving under its own power.

• Locked thread