Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I love Atomic Robo. Setting up Thomas Edison as Tesla's archenemy was a stroke of brilliance.

And yes, Doctor Dinosaur has been used so drat well.

"Trickery! Mammal trickery!"
:psylon: "I'm a robot!"
"MAMMAL ROBOT!"
:psylon: "That doesn't even make sense!!!"

EDIT: Also CRYSTALS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I really love the art too. Robo is so INCREDIBLY expressive even though he's a robot and doesn't have the normal facial muscles that humans do. You can see him being incredulous, annoyed, bored, upset, etc just by how those eye covers narrow and how they're oriented.

One very nice subtle element is that when you see younger Robo from Tesla's day, you can totally tell from his face that he's really naive. He doesn't have as many eye-expressions as he does in his later years, so he comes off as more fresh-faced and sunny about things, like a friendly puppy who hasn't yet learned about how frustrating other people around him can be.

• Locked thread