Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I won't buy any Robo action figures unless there's so many points of articulation that it looks like it was shattered int 100 pieces and poorly glued back together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I keep confusing Fate and FATAL. Someday that's going to get me in serious trouble.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

It's entirely fair to describe The Ring of Fire as the Jason Bourne vs Pacific Rim crossover fanfic you never knew you needed.

Well, at least a comic can't have shaky cam.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

I mean, not to kill the tension, or the suspicion of disbelief or whatever, but y'know, it would be dumb to have a book called Atomic Robo and then have no atomic robot in it.

It'd be like making a Punisher movie where the main character has no skull on his shirt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In the absence of a Robo toy to purchase, some have turned to making their own.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

I think the only time we showed him being "normal" in the relatively modern day was in one of the short stories in the first Real Science Adventures volume where he visits a comic book shop in the early '90s.

That remains one of my favorite short comics ever published. The way you used the comic market as a metaphor for the way the world has passed Robo by and a lot of what he used to love is just gone or completetly different (even though he's still right there, unaging) was super great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just tie his power core to a bike that he has to pedal to get around. Infinite energy right there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Honestly never thought about it before. I have to assume he can detect those things one way or another. He appears to have a totally normal range of human dexterity, and you can't pull that off if you're half-numb to surface details.

Mumble mumble low-voltage electro-static field mumble mumble simulate sensation in the way nerves do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Kinda want to do a Robo story where Robo accidentally stops the ritual that summons Hellboy, and a Hellboy story where Tesla's lab is destroyed before he can ever build Robo.

Excuse me, What If scenarios are registered trademarks of Marvel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I already made that joke in March.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I forgive you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think Robo is afraid of bugs because it's funny for a robot to be afraid of bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

I can only repeat the advice we give in the book: don't worry about canon.

Yes! My tabletop character Lady Atomic Robo who is Robo's long lost sister but with a sexy humanoid body and married to Count Lord Yak is officially approved by Hyperactive.

• Locked thread