Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wipfmetz posted:

Here, have two dudes showing a forest what's what.

That's a cool little scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I want to be that weirdo in 2024 who plans out original dot art on graph paper like it's 1982.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I got a android drawing tablet and loaded up Pixel Studio.

I have no idea what I'm doing!!!

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

Star Man posted:

I want to be that weirdo in 2024 who plans out original dot art on graph paper like it's 1982.

Post the roughs.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Raenir Salazar posted:

I got a android drawing tablet and loaded up Pixel Studio.

I have no idea what I'm doing!!!

Not knowing what you're doing is the first step! Keep it up

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Bit reluctant to ask for feedback because i've burnt you all in the past with not taking your advice until much later, but I've got myself a tablet to do pixel art and trying to translate my experience with drawing into pixel art, but struggling with higher resolution sprites/bodies I know most aren't defined, but are the silhouettes and clusters decent enough to at least make the limbs and body identifiable?

Original tiles are 96x96m but it's been increased by x3

I'll be honest, drawing has really improved my art and how i view it but im not sure if i can do larger sprites

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 9, 2024

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Ash Crimson posted:

[...]but are the silhouettes and clusters decent enough to at least make the limbs and body identifiable?
Yup.

With the exception of the neck and general shape of the "x" one, but that's already marked by you yourself.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 10, 2024

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Ash Crimson posted:

Bit reluctant to ask for feedback because i've burnt you all in the past with not taking your advice until much later, but I've got myself a tablet to do pixel art and trying to translate my experience with drawing into pixel art, but struggling with higher resolution sprites/bodies I know most aren't defined, but are the silhouettes and clusters decent enough to at least make the limbs and body identifiable?

Original tiles are 96x96m but it's been increased by x3

I'll be honest, drawing has really improved my art and how i view it but im not sure if i can do larger sprites

I can't give good constructive feedback but these look fantastic. :haw:

Going from left to right numbered 1,2,3,4 and from bottom up A,B,C,D:

I like C3, C4, and I think maybe B2 and B4?

Special mention to B3 as something that looks from a pixel art version of bloodborne.

A3 seems like a good base for a furry lupin/lycan sort of character.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Going from left to right numbered 1,2,3,4 and from bottom up A,B,C,D:
Look at this raving lunatic.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

bredfrown posted:

I recently got an SE/30 restored a couple of months ago and decided to turn it into a pixel art machine (just basic lineart though since it can only do 1-bit black & white).

Completly missed this post since I've mistook it for th the _other_ Mac Pixelart-post on this page.
I must confess that I've got no idea what's going on here, even if it's looking cool?
It seems to be a dude and his weird embryonal ghost-yoshi pet.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 12, 2024

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Crosspostin'

Shoehead posted:

I just got done working on this asset pack I started putting together while I was waiting on people to show up for appointments in work. Some repurposed old stuff and some/alot of newer stuff for people to check out

https://shoehead.itch.io/shoes-action-adventure-tiles

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
dassalottatiles!

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

There's a farm now. Also, graphics in text.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Nice, looking good!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Wipfmetz posted:

There's a farm now. Also, graphics in text.

I might have said this last time but I'm getting serious Baldies vibes off of this. I love it

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

I think the palette, a lightly modified version of hept32, does the heavy lifting of those vibes.

Edit: Well, will you look at that. Baldies hat a successor.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 21, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hey! I've been working on a project I'm wanting to share and I think this may be the best place for it, it's called dither shitter and it dithers stuff.

It's over here on github and if you don't have any previous knowledge on scripting or running scripts I've also documented how to get started with it, and am currently documenting how it all works over on my cohost: https://cohost.org/CalmBrain/post/4681841-dither-shitter-is-he

I am looking for feedback as to what would make this a more useful tool for artists and am also trying to make this a useful coding tutorial while I'm going so people can edit the code themselves and have fun playing with different dithering algorithms and outputs.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 27, 2024

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
It looks incredible and the only immediate feedback I'd offer, aside from "great job I love it" would be color filters. Pixel Art often likes to reuse the same asset but in a different color palette, so anything that gestures to that would probably be appreciated.

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Pixel pusher and game maker.
I forgot to post these…

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

bredfrown posted:

I forgot to post these…

They look great how long did they take you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Pixel pusher and game maker.
The one on top took about 4-5 hours :). I drew the boss sprite on my iPad, then did the UI and some polishing on my computer.

The second one took me a little bit longer… I think around 6 hours?
I tweaked it a lot since it was a mockup for something I'm working on, lol. That statue probably took the largest portion of that time.