Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

What would a beginner use to start making pixel art "in the easiest way possible"? I'm actually asking for a friend, otherwise I wouldn't be as hung up on finding the easiest way to do it.

I'm assuming the recommendations in the OP are out of date, and that there's probably gotta be some specific software that makes the whole process easier than just drawing big pixels in photoshop.

I think his goal is to learn how to make something like from this post.

Shoehead posted:

I did even more GBC style Elden Ring stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Awesome, I'm glad there's a consensus so this doesn't get too complicated lol.

My pixel art experience ends at making stamps in Mario paint but, I dunno now that I'm helping my friend out maybe this would be something to get into.

This all started with him deciding he's making a videogame drunk, and me trying to get an AI to make pixel art (it didn't do so well, but I got an idea, just gotta find thousands of well tagged sprites from NES and SNES games) so who knows where it will go, but the thread makes it cooler than I expected it to be.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Shoehead posted:

I finished this sucker

I thought I was in the romhack thread and I got excited :(