Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

Sotsa posted:

I read this thread and had to make something.
It took a lot of time and my wrists hurt, but it was fun.

Is there any easier way of tesselating? i've been doing it by hand and it takes forever.

I might be misinterpreting you, but f you mean like for tiles, the pixel art editor Pickle has some pretty great features for that that I don't know if I've seen elsewhere. You can nudge the image one pixel in a direction with a press of the arrow keys and so it helps greatly for making smooth looking tiles. There could be stuff like this in other programs, but I'm an amateur so I'm unaware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

McKilligan posted:

Been working on a little living space - obviously alot of little details are still forthcoming (and sorry about the jpg, having hosting issues). But as for overall composition and contrast, any critique?

I love this, reminds me of the indoors enviornment in the Megaman Battle Network games.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

Internet Janitor posted:

Scut: I really like the way you dithered the inner surface of the robot's face.

As a brief sidetrack from my other projects, I fiddled around with some monochrome character designs:

These are fantastic! I love really low res stuff like this because every single pixel, really, really matters.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
Oh my god, I adore The Red Tower. one of my favorite paintings and a cool take on it.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
Oh my god, so adorable.

Quetzal-Coital, the progression from the first to the last version on the bear is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Reminds me of Mega Man Battle Network. Very nice.

Was thinking the same thing. I don't care for them in more traditional forms of media, but I love pixel-art landscapes and rooms and such.