Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

RedRupee posted:

I tried doing something like that Pixosprout person's work on the other page. This was my first attempt and there were some good lessons in the end. I'm currently working on a higher-res thing and hoping that it turns out better.
This looks great! One thing that I do notice is that all animated elements seem to loop at exactly the same time. Maybe you can stagger the starting frame of the different animated elements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
The art in this thread is absolutely fantastic. In my demoscene days we would've killed for pixels like these :)

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
That's a fun presentation! Dude has the whiniest voice though.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
I'm curious: How many of you are actually working on games? Or are you just doing this for shits'n'giggles?

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Ha, awesome. Is this then the right thread to mention that I'm a programmer looking for a pixel artist to work on small/fun little games? :)

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Wow, didn't realize so many people here were busy with hell-driving and scissor-running :D

Btw, talking about Pietepiet: He lives in Utrecht, just like me. We actually have a great indie game scene here, with Ronimo, Vlambeer and a bunch of others. I probably should get myself invited to one of those Dutch Game Garden lunches, somehow.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003

Baldbeard posted:

Not really comfortable going small, so I got a little practice in.

That's adorable :3:

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
The afro doesn't look too bad, to be honest? It's just that the stray pixels seem to indicate sweating or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
This looks like peak Dan Malone Amiga art!