Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Seeing this thread, and reading through the gamedev thread inspired me to try to make some pixel art.
For some reason, I decided to make a ~16x16 run cycle and idle of this fellow:

Then once I had that done I wanted to see it on something, so this is where I am now:

Actual size:

This stuff is tough. Especially working in smaller sizes; when an entire arm is about 5 pixels, each pixel really means quite a bit.

Maybe I'll make some mockups for a little game out of this or something. Any thoughts so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Didn't do much today, but added a jump to the mix.

I'm still not so sure about it.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

poemdexter posted:

Hey TemporalParadox, I totally stole your assets for my hobby prototype since they were so pretty. If you're interested in working on something is a purely hobby way meaning do whatever work whenever with 0 commitment, please let me know. Oryx tileset only goes so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iJfUmn5p9o

Oh, I never noticed this but how flattering.
I've been pretty busy, but if there's still something in particular you need send me a PM and who knows, I might be free and bored some evening. No promises though.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Been playing around a bit more:

Something may come of these eventually.

Edit: Also the two that I mixed weren't really intended to go together.

TemporalParadox fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 30, 2013

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
I decided that little guy needed a spear.

Not really sure how to make the front/back attack pose look nice yet.

Edit:
oh and also I played around a bit to make it look more like a scene.

TemporalParadox fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 30, 2013

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
I've been trying to make a bear myself.

As I mentioned before, pretty much all the pixel art I've ever made is in this thread, so I'm open to any comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

poemdexter posted:

I'm stealing your art (again) to make a prototype.

Oh? Sorry the perspective isn't really consistent, but let me know what comes from it.

Quetzal-Coital posted:

I am jealous of your tiny bear.
Thanks!