Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Carsius posted:

Those required specs are ridiculous. I've been on the same machine for four years, and can run most things at high (or at worst medium,) yet I am nowhere near being able to play it.

New console generation: the target min spec for devs just leapt forward five eight (!!!) years. It happens.

(I didn't realise until I checked but the 360 is ten years old this year. :psyduck:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Autonomous Monster posted:

(I didn't realise until I checked but the 360 is ten years old this year. :psyduck:)

:stonk: I feel so old.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

New console generation: the target min spec for devs just leapt forward five eight (!!!) years. It happens.

I suppose so, just a bit irritated that I won't be able to play it for a while.

In retrospect, I shouldn't really expect a midrange pc from four five years ago to run a cutting edge game.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
You people and your gaming desktops.

At least something good will have come out of my impulse buying the Destiny PS4 bundle like an idiot.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Looks like CDPR is starting to show the game off to some people. Better get that new OP ready!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Looks like CDPR is starting to show the game off to some people. Better get that new OP ready!

Tomorrow is a Wednesday, maybe it will be THE Wednesday :v:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Is it forbidden for...someone else to start a new Witcher 3 thread?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Nope.

It's Wednesday.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Will Uber settings require 4 or more GBs of VRAM Comte?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I can't comment on anything that doesn't go through marketing, also, I have no idea.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Section 31 posted:

Is it forbidden for...someone else to start a new Witcher 3 thread?

:effort: + Coughing Hobo has said he would do it

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I can't comment on anything that doesn't go through marketing, also, I have no idea.

Could you maybe, if you've got a spare moment at lunch or something, track down a member of the W3 team, ask them if they have solid or even just target numbers for VRAM requirements at a given resolution/settings level, and if the answer's yes, ask them to ask marketing to load those numbers into an big fat information torpedo and shoot it into our stupid faces? If it's not too much trouble.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Heads up that for the next 10 hours, Kinguin are selling Witcher 3 preorders for €25, or around $28.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/3849/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pre-order-steam-key/

I picked up X-Com for a buck and received the key instantly, so I assume they're trustworthy.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
After two fights against storyline mini-bosses (Letho and King Henselt) they really need to do away with being able to take down your opponent to his last nub of health only to trigger a cutscene where that same opponent magically kicks your rear end. Maybe just make the fight a cut scene altogether rather than pretend I'm accomplishing anything by "winning" the fight.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjvw1pOMFzk

someone make a megapost, ffs

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ElectricWizard posted:

Heads up that for the next 10 hours, Kinguin are selling Witcher 3 preorders for €25, or around $28.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/3849/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pre-order-steam-key/

I picked up X-Com for a buck and received the key instantly, so I assume they're trustworthy.
Shows up as €31,50 = $35.50 to me.

Edit: Nevermind, I only now noticed your posts's date lol.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

If nobody does by Monday, I'm gonna make one where the OP is composed entirely of gifs featuring skeletons.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
by all means, someone else do it for me because I lost the work I put into it thanks to a power outage and now personal life has gotten too lovely for me to care anymore

won't even be buying the game on release

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Coughing Hobo posted:

by all means, someone else do it for me because I lost the work I put into it thanks to a power outage and now personal life has gotten too lovely for me to care anymore

won't even be buying the game on release

:(

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

If nobody does by Monday, I'm gonna make one where the OP is composed entirely of gifs featuring skeletons.
How about Sunday? Or perhaps Saturday?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Section 31 posted:

How about Sunday? Or perhaps Saturday?

I'll see what I can do.

Edit: The OP must be cursed. I've gotten quite sick in the past 24 hours and don't have the energy to do much of anything. Anybody else feel free to take up the reins.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 25, 2015

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

You need to tell them to make a game with Geralt's early career, right out of witcher school.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

You need to tell them to make a game with Geralt's early career, right out of witcher school.
I wouldn't mind playing as a fresh Witcher from the last surviving Witcher school, at least I seem to recall that there is one left after Geralt's Wolf school and the Viper school that got wiped out.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

I'll see what I can do.

Edit: The OP must be cursed. I've gotten quite sick in the past 24 hours and don't have the energy to do much of anything. Anybody else feel free to take up the reins.
How does one make OP?

If copying Amazon's Witcher 3 description is suffice, maybe I will do it, maybe...

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Playing Dragon Age Inquisition makes me worry about The Witcher 3. The open world is large and pretty but mostly full of repetitive activities and meaningless fetch quests. Really hope CDPR haven't done the same.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Section 31 posted:

How does one make OP?

If copying Amazon's Witcher 3 description is suffice, maybe I will do it, maybe...

This and lots of gifs containing skeletons should suffice.

Kraxxukalf
Aug 24, 2009
http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2015/01/gollancz-acquire-three-more-witcher-novels/

It'll be a long wait for the last two books, but at least they're on their way.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
Previews all over the place, not gonna even bother linking them.

OP plz?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j33HjzNcd0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-kBExyNm_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L487utLxv3Y

Guess the preview videos are starting now.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

He named his horse 'Roach'? :allears:

Also, those flying monsters that dove into the water after him? :stonk:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Previews all over the place, not gonna even bother linking them.

OP plz?
The OP is depressed and won't bother either.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
What is it with our OP peeps getting depressed? Is there a curse? Perhaps a witcher could help.

EDIT: I hope you feel better soon, you guys

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Rock Paper Shotgun seems to dig it.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

He named his horse 'Roach'? :allears:

Also, those flying monsters that dove into the water after him? :stonk:

Of course, all his horses are called Roach.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Kraxxukalf posted:

http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2015/01/gollancz-acquire-three-more-witcher-novels/

It'll be a long wait for the last two books, but at least they're on their way.

Thanks for this, this led me to Amazon UK which already lists sword of destiny preorder

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Destiny-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/1473211530/

funakupo fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 26, 2015

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Haha. The comments section is everything that you'd expect it to be:

"Combat dumbed down: preorder cancelled"

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

They seem to be coming at it from the same angle I am. Not looking forward to the combat (in fact I'm disappointed that the basic feel of that aspect doesn't sound like it's been reworked much) but eager to wander around and chat up relatively grounded characters + side stories.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I'll be completely happy if the combat is similar to W2 because it was great fun.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If we get combat directly from Witcher 2 then the game will be already lightyears ahead of Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

GrossMurpel posted:

I'll be completely happy if the combat is similar to W2 because it was great fun.

:agreed:

It was really satisfying. I'm not sure why the RPS guy hates it so much, but it sounds like more of the same which is just what I wanted really.

• Locked thread