Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Wesley Walker posted:

Is there some sort of trick to winning at dice poker? After winning the first one to start the quest, I've literally lost 10 in a row.

I wouldn't care if it wasn't an entire sidequest and a way to affect another one.

If you drop rather than toss the dice (or as close as you can get anyway) then sometimes they won't roll and you'll get five or six of a kind in ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Davos posted:

Eh, while its a reassuring thought, you must remember that she is damned crafty, even among sorceresses. I wouldn't put it past her to find a way to survive, and no doubt to get involved with something that would make me want to put a sword through her all over again. Justice in the Witcher world needs to be cold and swift, I never saw any way in which letting her leave was a good act. Whether or not I would have killed her if I had the chance I'm not so sure of, but Geralt sure as hell isn't gonna save her.

Sorceresses can permanently change the way they look with magic, that's why they're all beautiful. Pick out a new face, change your name, set up shop in a different country. The only hard part is building up your reputation again.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Beanpants posted:

If I recall from the books (Yennefer related book spoilers) Yennefer was a hunchback when she was younger before she became a full sorceress and changed it with magic.

Yeah, it's a running theme with sorceresses. Almost all of them have something like that.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

SpaceViking posted:

One thing to add about the special cursed sets. In some fights, one of your weapons may become unequipped for some reason (I had this happen in Act 2 when fighting The Nilfgaardian mage after sneaking into their camp). As a result, remember to note when that happens and put your weapon back on before the curse kills you.

Basically, check after every cut scene that the game hasn't swapped your weapons around if you're using the cursed stuff.

• Locked thread