Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I think I'm going to load up one of those imported saves from the OP, since importing the Raven's Armour and the best swords from the Witcher really turns the difficulty curve on it's ear. Hell, the only DLC I'll use will probably be the Mage pants since they are stylish as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I still think this game needed more actual Witchering in it like the first one. The best parts of the first one were the times you had to research a specific type of monster, finding out its weaknesses and habitat and how best to approach it (strong or fast style?), then gong out to collect herbs and poo poo for the proper potions/oils, then methodically tracking the thing down and taking it out. There were only like 6 monster contracts in this whole game, and most of them you could forgo the research and just roll around spamming Quen as you swang at the thing.

Really missed the boat on that one, I had really hoped the EE would add a few new contracts with maybe a few new monsters specifically from them, but oh well.
I'd love a game where you get to create your own newbie Witcher, taking on monster contracts and being a total manslut like Geralt.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, since the Witcher 2 is on sale on Xbox Live I might as well ask if it is a decent port or should it be avoided?

Also, since the first game was on PC only, which means that savegame transfers is out of the question, do you get some kind of choices before the game started regarding the events from the first game (such as if Adda survided and so on..).

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I'm trying to import a Witcher save into the Witcher 2 but for some reason it won't detect it. Where do I need to place it in order for it to be recognized?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Overminty posted:

It's been a while but I could have sworn it just looked for the witcher 1 save folder in your documents folder.

e: quick google http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Saved_game_import
Thanks for the help.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Jimmy Noskill posted:

I got the impression that the Greater Brothers were to serve as protection for humanity's long journey southward, not as a replacement for humanity.
Yeah, me too. I think that certain letters or journal notes even mentions that.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

A very specific take on Iorveth's path has an interesting end scenario that depending on how TW3 handles it, if at all, makes it either awesome or awful.
Oh, which one are you thinking about?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I'm currently playing with focus on the swordmastery path and I was wondering what kind of runes I should focus on for the steel and silver swords? It appears that Incineration doesn't do much against monsters but is more effective agains humans. Does this apply to all effects or do monsters have weakness for the bleeding status or something else?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, a quick question because I don't want to spoil myself by reading a walkthrough: Iorveth's path spoiler:So, am I understanding this correct, do I basically have to choose between murdering a bunch of Niilfgardians and freeing Triss or free Philippa from the dungeon and break the mindcontrol on Saskia?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Kopijeger posted:

Not quite: if you choose the second option, another character will rescue Triss for you.
I see, it's still a hard choice for me since on one hand I get to piss on Philippa's plans but on the other hand I get to stomp on the Nilfgardian ambassadors ambitions. deciscions, deciscions..

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I have to say that the changes to the potion mechanic sounds very promising.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

I think so yeah, I'm pretty sure I used one for the Witcher 2. Hopefully there's something close enough to what I did and at least the Witcher series didn't have that many critical choices.
I just hope that the developers are kind enough to give us some worldstates for the console versions in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

You need to tell them to make a game with Geralt's early career, right out of witcher school.
I wouldn't mind playing as a fresh Witcher from the last surviving Witcher school, at least I seem to recall that there is one left after Geralt's Wolf school and the Viper school that got wiped out.

• Locked thread