Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I purchased the EE during Origin's $5 deal having never played Witcher 1. Going through the tutorial... there's alot going on here and I feel a bit lost. So many buttons and systems and trying to switch things up during combat without any pause available makes me feel like they put two game's worth of techniques into one game.

EDIT: Saw the link to the manual. That should help!

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

The Spacebar is pause, maybe it's disabled in the tutorial area :confused:
1 Klick on enemy once
2 wait until cursor turns into little flaming sword, then immediately click again
3 Repeat 2 until bad guy dead.

Big enemies require the heavy fighting style, weaker ones don't combo with heavy and require switching fast style.

Spacebar for me is "roll" and there doesn't appear to be a pause function. I'll check next time I'm back in the game.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I thought the search mechanic in DA:I was bad. Whoever put a cooldown on that dumb medallion should be imprisoned.

Also the inability to change the camera distance in a game that likes to surround you with enemies is pretty annoying.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I don't seem to be getting achievements. I'm in the Prologue and tried to trigger the one for making five potions and nothing happened. There's also an achievement for helping that guy escape the castle and I didn't see it. I purchased W2 through Origins.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I don't seem to be getting achievements. I'm in the Prologue and tried to trigger the one for making five potions and nothing happened. There's also an achievement for helping that guy escape the castle and I didn't see it. I purchased W2 through Origin.

Since I missed Eagle Eye during my first go round I've been using that as an achievement test. I removed the weightless recipe mod and restarted and this time I hit the guy with the ballista for the first time and no achievement popped up. So i guess with Origin you just don't get them. I'm only annoyed because some of them (like helping that person escape) give in-game benefits.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Lareine posted:

Eagle Eye is an annoying achievement by the fact that it waits until you go into the siege tower to award you the achievement so you think that you somehow didn't get the achievement and end up wasting time trying it over and over.

I stuck around until the King starts his speech at the top of the tower so I don't think that's it. Ah well!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Are oils not supposed to work on the silver sword? All the blade enhancements show up on the steel sword no matter which one I have drawn. I read a reference online to this being a bug that was fixed but I'm on the EE all patched up. Makes it impossible to get the benefit of the monster related oils.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

Are you actually dragging them onto the silver sword? Double clicking always applies them to the steel sword IIRC.

Gahhhh. So many UI failures in this game. Thank you! Now maybe I can kill these wraiths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

After two fights against storyline mini-bosses (Letho and King Henselt) they really need to do away with being able to take down your opponent to his last nub of health only to trigger a cutscene where that same opponent magically kicks your rear end. Maybe just make the fight a cut scene altogether rather than pretend I'm accomplishing anything by "winning" the fight.

• Locked thread