Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Does the 360 version cut anything out compared to the PC version? My computer just does not love this game on PC and I haven't even made it through the tutorial all the way as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What are the default decisions in the 360 version? I tried playing this on my PC again and it's just unbearable. Nothing I do makes the framerate any less than awful and the mouse controls are terrible. I might try again later if I can find my wired controller but for now I'm just pissed off. I want to play this game but in the form I have I just can't.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I like the swords and outfit you get from importing well enough, but if they're the sacrifice I have to pay, so be it.

Is Siegfried still alive on 360? Not sure if that's a spoiler or not.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

You can just write off Witcher 1, for sure.

So I've got the game to play tolerably well, and had a general gameplay question: Should I save up armor enhancements for particular good gear or just throw it into whatever I have on?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I'm officially further into the game than I've ever been before, but I encountered what I think was a bug. When trying to get into the monastery in the tutorial there's supposed to be a fire so you can meditate and drink the potions, right? I remember it being there from the first time I played (back when the game made my computer crash every five minutes). This time it wasn't there, so I had to fight all the drowners in the dark. That happen to anyone else?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I was confused. I saw the tooltip say I had to meditate to use potions and was kicked back to Witcher 1 where you needed a fire or an inn. Since I clearly wasn't near an inn I assumed I needed a fire.

What is a good spec for someone just getting started? I hear alchemy is pretty good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is it best to just go all down one tree over spreading things around for a bit of everything, or is a polymathic jack of all trades approach just as good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Didn't they say they buffed the 3rd act for the Enhanced Edition?

• Locked thread