Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

DrManiac posted:

Maybe I can finally get around to finishing the witcher 2 now!

[e]How do you check for your witcher 2 game keys on steam? Normally you can just right click on the title in the libary, but it's not working for whatever reason

There is no key on Steam. If you want to get it on GOG, you can use the option where you give them your Steam account and profile name and they'll check to see if you have the game on there.

Alternatively, you can use regedit to find the key: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30158230 but that method didn't work for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also can I just say that this game has the best costumes, both in artistry and technical execution, of any game ever made by like ten loving miles?

Geralt's starting outfit puts anything Bethesda's ever done to shame.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Wesley Walker posted:

Is there some sort of trick to winning at dice poker? After winning the first one to start the quest, I've literally lost 10 in a row.

I wouldn't care if it wasn't an entire sidequest and a way to affect another one.

Save and reload.

Chance games in The Witcher series literally amount to a difficult opponent being 10x more likely to get the best possible hand.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

NVidia's adaptive vsync is probably worth trying. It turns off vsync below 60 FPS, and turns it on above 60 FPS so you won't get tearing at high framerates and your performance won't be halved if they fall.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

Play it on easy. I pretty much hated the gameplay to the first game, but the story is incredible. To make things magnitudes easier, crank Aard up as strong as you can, pump up its stun chance as high as possible, and you can trivialize a lot of fights with instant kills.

Yeah just play it on easy. The combat can get pretty annoying, especially later in the game where you have to keep running back and forth between a town and one area over and over again.

Also have fun figuring out whether mutants count as humans or monsters. The answer isn't exactly consistent.

• Locked thread