Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Witcher 2 stutter and lag so badly even though I have turned the settings to low. The problem didn't occur when I first installed the original Witcher 2 (don't remember when) with higher settings, but seemingly transpired after installing certain patches. Any solution to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Ubersampling is always off, so it's not that issue.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I've deleted TW2 save games and turned settings to low with Texture Memory Size high, nope. Still lag very bad, with FPS steadily remains 10 and below, even in Tutorial level (except of course when opening inventory menu).

I don't know why the game could run very smooth before back then...

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Thanks but that didn't help, and I discovered that I've already applied that "fix" previously to no avail.

Witcher 2 is currently the only game that gave bad performance, but like I mentioned before, when I first bought and installed the original game (prior to latest patches) it could run smoothly at higher settings. Other games like Skyrim and Assassin's Creed 3 can run smoothly. Also, Witcher 2's performance before and after ATI driver update remain sluggish.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Negative, Overminty. ATI allows the application's own settings to run themselves. I guess I'm going to reinstall Witcher 2 from scratch and see how it will perform. :v:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I want to stay loyal to ATI...

Interestingly, my GPU can run Witcher 2 v1.00 fine, but then lag/stutter badly after it was updated to post 2.0+ version.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
^^
Ultimately, in the end, those choices don't really matter do they? :colbert:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I'm replaying with Enhanced Edition, in Iorveth's path there's a certain somebody name Biggerhorn that was mentioned to Geralt (IIRC Phillipa recommended Geralt to talk to him). Is this Biggerhorn actually exist anywhere in the game? Also, I read somewhere (from the manual I think) that the guardian ghost of Dun Banner at the catacomb will later haunt Geralt if Geralt tricked the ghost into assuming that Geralt was member of Dun Banner. Is this true?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Roshnak posted:

The answer to both these questions is no.

Quest spoilers for the first question: Biggerhorn is a dude you have to mention to the ghost in order to trick him.
Thanks.

Also, what happen if you spend talent points on two adrenaline rush skills? For example on Heliotrope sign and combat acumen? Is one of the skills randomly get activated if you press the X button, or is it pointless to spend on two?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Speaking of savegame, how many decisions are actually being carried or imported from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2, apart from the Grand Master of Holy-whatever guards at Chapter 3? Witcher wikia isn't exactly very informative on this issue.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjXRPeqnODM

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
The Witcher 3 : Vesemir? Never heard of him!

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Umm...is this thread going to be the official all "The Witcher" series title thread or will there be a new one for Witcher 3? I'm not sure where to look for new info.

Also, I was browsing Witcher 3 on Amazon yesterday and they have some nice screenshots, though I'm not sure if those were already posted elsewhere.

And, some fun stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7gffhmrUA

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Dilber posted:

One last quote of babbys

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Another example:
The posts remind me of people who are deep into crazy conspiracy theories stuff.

Maybe CDPR should just troll them by replying that the Witcher is actually a Freemason/Illuminati project designed to enslave gamers' mind.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

If you guys keep arguing about the texture on that guy's foot I swear I'm burning this place down with you in it.
Forgive them Father, for they have sinned. :pray:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
-nvm-

Section 31 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 12, 2014

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I wonder if there's a Skyhold-style customizable fortress decent home which Geralt can modify...

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Is it forbidden for...someone else to start a new Witcher 3 thread?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

If nobody does by Monday, I'm gonna make one where the OP is composed entirely of gifs featuring skeletons.
How about Sunday? Or perhaps Saturday?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

I'll see what I can do.

Edit: The OP must be cursed. I've gotten quite sick in the past 24 hours and don't have the energy to do much of anything. Anybody else feel free to take up the reins.
How does one make OP?

If copying Amazon's Witcher 3 description is suffice, maybe I will do it, maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Previews all over the place, not gonna even bother linking them.

OP plz?

Here is a lazy OP:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697049

If someone else want, feel free to "take over"...

This and lots of gifs containing skeletons should suffice.
Done.

• Locked thread