Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

They seem to be coming at it from the same angle I am. Not looking forward to the combat (in fact I'm disappointed that the basic feel of that aspect doesn't sound like it's been reworked much) but eager to wander around and chat up relatively grounded characters + side stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

There are a LOT of people out there that really, really can't stand it when a game forces you to commit to an action. Like, they get irate if they start swinging for an attack and can't immediately cancel into an invincible dodge roll or jump or block.

That's not what the problem is, at least for me. It just doesn't commit to being either methodical or super actiony. It's neither fast and precise or slow and impactful. It walks a weird line that never quite goes far enough in either direction, and just feels fiddly.

Even Geralt's movement speed, the placement of the camera, and the way the character moved in relation to the camera did not connect with me at all.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 26, 2015

• Locked thread