Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Wow! I beat the game a few months ago on Roche's path and thought it was fun but I was really confused. Beat it again on Iorveth's path and WOAH! that was awesome. So much more of what is going on is explained. What a great, cohesive, well told modern RPG. Really puts the Bioware stuff to shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Yeah, the two paths was really cool, but I ended up enjoying Chapter 3 A LOT more this time around because I knew what everyone was after, and what the stakes were.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Personally the game seems to be much easier now than when it first came out.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So the ending is a downer sure... but is there anything more satisfying than watching Sile explode? hahahahaha oh Letho you prankster

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

notZaar posted:

Plus he killed me so many times in chapter 1 he deserves retribution.

This seriously. In my first playthrough I was all BITCH YOU ARE GOING DOWN. :argh:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

All the events in Witcher 2 will probably have minor consequences in Witcher 3, just like the events of Witcher 1 had minor consequences in Witcher 2. They're already going out of their comfort zone with making everything open-world, I can't imagine they'd change the way they do consequences from previous games as well.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Seeing that stuff in real life just drives home how ridiculous and impractical most of the ingame outfits are. Neat costume though.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the save saskia, unite Aedern under her ending because that path at the end of the game the only "good"-ish leader is in power but the last scene implies that it basically doesn't matter because the empire is just going to conquer everything and there is nothing Saskia can do about it

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Yeah those cloaks make him look fat heh. Second image bottom right in particular.

PureRok posted:

E: I don't think he's really gained weight. I think he's just wearing more layers because he's further south.

north?

Or does this game take place in like, antarctica?

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Technically parts of the arctic are a desert as they get less than 10 inches of precipitation a year http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_the_Arctic#Precipitation

• Locked thread