Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
New player here, having finally gotten around to this game in my extensive Steam backlog. Still in the prologue and definitely intrigued.

I have a question about DLC: is there any harm in turning off a package off and then re-enabling sometime later? I'm considering turning off the Blue Stripes jacket, Mage pants, and Herbalist gloves as I'm not a fan of DLC items that seem to unbalance the gameplay, but don't want to turn it off and then not be able to re-enable sometime later without loving up my savegames (see:Skyrim)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Thanks. From what I can gather the DLC items are:

Blue Stripes Combat Jacket
Herbalist Gloves
Mage trousers

What about the Swordsman's outfit? Any others I'm missing?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Sounds good, thanks.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So are there any alchemy ingredients that one should absolutely NOT sell (besides those marked for quests)? I'm in Act 1.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Did a patch change the Madness Mutagen to no longer give a damage bonus? Google is mum about this.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sekenr posted:

Color blend is probably motion blur - something I disable in every game, don't know about cutscenes.

Let us know what you find with the audio/visual sync slowdown. I am in Act 3 and I had the same thing occurred the last time I played a couple days ago. Never had it happen before.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

Why would you do this?

To be fair, the 360 port is exceedingly well done. I got the PC version for something like $3 during a Steam sale and was so impressed I bought the 360 version just to support the devs. I played through Act 1 on 360 and it's a very faithful port which retains a good deal of the graphical fidelity. They redid the control scheme (for the better) and improved the poo poo out of the UI and but confusingly didn't bring those improvements over to the PC EE version. If you want to play the game with a controller the best experience is actually on the 360.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Going from playing Dark Souls 2 to Witcher 2 with a controller is frustrating as gently caress. Everything seems to have a bit of delay before I'm allowed to do it, and really, when you lock on they should just lift that entire concept from Dark Souls (or Zelda, I should say) of being able to circle around an enemy wholesale.

I'm not playing this game for the mashy, repetitive combat. It's just aggravating.

Are you playing on PC or 360?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Go buy Mordor with it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Absolutely. And the 360 version is a port that had a lot of love poured in to it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Well that's disappointing. Knowing CDPR this delay will be put to the best use possible, but it's also just more ammo for people to complain about. How many times have CDPR pushed the release date back? If they don't meet the May deadline I can't imagine what kind of community blowback they will need to manage.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
The only thing I can TRULY bitch about is I was looking forward to it's February release solely so I don't have to feel guilty holing myself up in a cave to play. The May release is right when the weather gets good where I live so I am going to feel guilty as gently caress playing when I should be outside.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

sauer kraut posted:

Actually I missed it a little when going to W2, god damned consolized inventory and quickwheels.

It's pretty interesting that they included these design decisions that appeared to cater to consoles, yet it took a whole other year for a 360 port to come out and they never attempted a PS3 port.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Here, have some lovely new screenshots. They're mostly of environments, but they're really pretty! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152614616219331.1073741863.9659019330&type=1

Hurry up and be May! :fap::fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

You don't know about that on Roche's path though.

The Witcher short story first came out in 1986 and the first collection in 1990, the first actual novel in 1994. A Game of Thrones (first ASOIAF book) came out in 1991.

Sorry to be a giant pedant but AGOT was first published in 1996.

• Locked thread