Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just went through that ridiculous sex scene in chapter 1 again. Somehow it's still more tasteful than any of the ones in the ME series. I mean, that's not a very high bar, but still.

Also can I just say that this game has the best costumes, both in artistry and technical execution, of any game ever made by like ten loving miles?

Yeah if there were video game awards for set and costume design, this game would win 'em all. I never really stopped to look at this crazy, creepy altar in the prologue my first time though. Look at that thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Eezee posted:

Isthat actually true? Haven't seen anyone else mention it so far and I don't want to start the game and then wait weeks until it is fixed.

It only affects a few new occasional cutscenes (usually occurring between chapters). I just switched from 1920x1200 to x1080 to watch it then switched back. It's a fairly minor issue and it's no cause to wait to play the game.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I kind of miss having to make potions using high-quality liquor as a base. Geralt's like Bender, he operates best half in the bag.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ledneh posted:

Got through that part of the prologue after a couple more tries, thanks folks. I think I'll be using less Quen and more Yrden from now on, separating the hordes (and locking down the last guy) works bloody wonders :v:

(edit) Oh sodding hell I had bombs and traps and potions I could have used that whole time, drat and blast. :mad:

I think the general problem people have with the early game is the natural tendency to try and approach combat like a cool medieval Jedi when what you should be doing is playing a dirty rotten piece of poo poo who brings grenades and landmines to a swordfight.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Hell, it says I need to use an explosive to blow up these Nekkar nests. I don't know any explosive formulas other than ice bombs, and I don't think the alchemist stall guy has any.

You need Grapeshot bombs, I'm pretty sure you can buy the formula from either Yarpin (dwarf blacksmith) or Cedric (or just buy them directly).

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure I'm a fan of the grayer, washed-out color palette. I know it's bleak "dark fantasy" and all but I really liked how vibrant Witcher 2 looked.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If the game really is a big, open-world like they claim it is, then they can go ahead and take all the time they need to achieve (or at least come close to) the same density of detail the made Witcher 2 great. The last thing I want from a Witcher game is something that needed to be padded out with repetitive content like most open-world games.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

A long good look at the map there, like how it plots out a path when you fast travel. The ladies are nightmare material.

One of them looked like she had a lotus seed pod for an eye. :barf:

Game looks absolutely stunning.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I agree with Johnny's stance on morning shits.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn the Operator fight on Dark difficulty. I love this game, but it's mechanics are just not up to the task for a fight designed like this. I might even be able to handle the one-shotting gargoyles if I didn't get hung up on invisible geometry or if hitting the button to switch swords would reliably work.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

Use Aard, it's pretty effective against the gargoyles. My main problem was that their charge homes in on you even when you dodge. I ended up hiding behind a pillar after the gargoyles were dead, waiting until you're out of combat and quicksaving.

I think complaining about it on the internet was the key because 2 attempts after posting that I finally beat him. :woop::suicide:

I mostly hid behind the pillar and turned the place into a crematorium with about 30 Dancing Stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That would be great if true, I'm really hoping my i5-2500K/6950 are up to the task.

• Locked thread